TAS Suzuki and Archibald
Anonymous
Unregistered

TAS Suzuki and Archibald
I now think it is high time that Hector and Phillip Neill got rid of Archibald and gave their support to a better rider. His two TT wins last year were achieved in "unique" circumstances and I for one firmly believe that if DJ was racing last year then Archie would have won nothing. Equally I think that DJ's death had a profound effect on some top riders who for obvious reasons were not performing to their best. Then we have his antics at the North West this year were he failed to qualify and threatened not to race when offered a back row start. I thought this was a pathetic attempt to blackmail the race organisers. Archie is a top rider and had no excuses for not qualifying his bikes. His team mate was able to do it along with countless privateers who have nowhere near the same financial and technical support. Adrian has grown to big for his boots over recent years. His disgusting treatment of Joeys widow and kids at TT 2002 and blatant snubbing of Davy Wood whilst in hospital may now be coming back to haunt him. He needs to remmber that was it not for Davy Wood, his career path might have proved somewhat more difficult. Racing is a gentlemans sport - just look at all the greats that have graced our sport. Joey, DJ, Mike the Bike - gentlemen one and all. This years star is just the same. Perhaps Archie could learn something from him!!
09-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TAS Suzuki and Archibald
Do you not think that DJ s death affected Archibald too last year. DJ was his team mate for God sake. Wise up
09-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What has exactely been the cause of the stop of Archibald at Rhencullen?
09-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

billy, archie may not be performing as well as last year, but it's no reason to put him down
10-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Adrian is and will still be a top rider for a few more years, unless you know the full facts of Adrians problems of late plaese get of his case, he has probally more pressure on him now than ever before. sean Harris has also not had the best of TTs but it was not his fault and he was giving a 100%..
You say that Archie snubbed Joes wife and family in 2002, I was not aware of that or that he snubbed Davy. But can you answer the following, why does Linda D want the JDIRF to become a trust and not what it was started for.
10-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yet another pathetic performance from Archie. And this was the man who was going to win all round him!!! Think not!!!
11-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bet you feel like a right Dick now Billy!!!!!! HAHA
Well done Scratch Senior TT winner 2004

11-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kiss my bottom !

Well done Archie 1st Place in today's Senior Race T.T. 2004
11-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Billy, You've gone quiet! Are you lost?
11-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually Rik I dont. Again Archie only won because of others misfortune. He was never threatening McGuinness at all. Top marks to the TAS team for providing first class machinery.
12-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont be a fool Rik - I work nights so was probably in bed!!
12-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Like I said before - he only won because of others misfortune. If anyone deserves credit it is Suzuki and TAS for sticking with someone who behaves like a spoiled when he doesnt get his own way. Can you tell me why Archie threatened not to race if he didnt get a front row position at the grid at this years NW200???? Do you think such a threat was sportsman like???? Can you explain Archies arrogant treatment of Linda Dunlop and her children at TT 2002 or his failure to visit the very man who put him where he is today, Davy Wood, whilst he was on his deathbed????? The editor of a well respected motorcycle publication told me that Archie is losing a lot of friends with his antics. Who does he think he is??? When he can ride a bike as well as John McGuinness (dont see many BSB rides being thrown in Archies direction) or when he becomes a civilised human being like the rest of the competitors in road racing then talk to me. I'll never forget his "p**s off" in the UGP paddock in 2002 when I offered my congratulations to him for breaking the outright lap record in practice on a machine he had never ridden before. He proved then as he does now that he is too big for his boots and isnt quite the star he seems to think he is.
12-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

12-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

First of all Billy you say otherS misfortunes. There was only 1 persons misfortune that resulted in Archie winning the Senior. Obviously Flint McGuinness. Archie was beating everyone else at the time and the only person close to him was Lougher.
The NW200 situation was in my opinion more to do with the TAS team rather than Archies but that is my own opinion and to be honest i dont know the full facts but what a ride from the back of the grid none the less!
I don't know what went on at TT2002 with Linda Dunlop or the so called snubbing of Davy Wood, Im just commenting on the racing matters.
Im actually a big Flint fan so im obviously delighted to see that he may be getting his BSB career sorted again. Archies not getting any BSB offers because he s not good enough at the short circuits. Simple as that but i dont think he wants them anyway.
Lastly you say Archie is not a star. What sort of racing fan says that a man who has won the Senior 2 years on the trot is not a star! You can go on bout Flints misfortune but thats the TT for you and i was as sorry as anyone when he dropped out.

12-06-2004, 11:21 AM