Chris Palmer Winner of the UltraLightweight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris Palmer Winner of the UltraLightweight
I would just like to offer my sincerest best wishes to Chris on his fabulous win yesterday.

Hope all of you noticed the TTwebsite stickers on his bike.

We have been supporting Chris since early last year and are proud to be associated with him yet again for this season.

All you TTwebsite followers, if you see Chris out and about anywhere this year on his 125, give an extra yell and let him know you are there.

Malcolm.

08-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Chris Palmer Winner of the UltraLightweight
I can only echo that Malcolm. Seen it on the telly tonight and he looked really determined, not to mention emotional.

Harvey T.
08-06-2004, 11:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aye Harvey, I spoke to Chris today and he said that the last lap is the hardest that he has ever ridden the mountain. He was boarded at the start of the climb as having a +8 and when he got to Windy he saw a 4 and a 5 thinking then that he had dropped 3.5 on Ian Lougher, so he went for it like a short circuit and boy did it show at the end of the lap.

Obviously it was +45 on Robert as Ian had retired at Ramsey, but he was not to know that. He actually pulled another +12 on Robert from Windy to the line and that is no mean feat in anyones language. The ride of his life without a doubt.

Good on ye wee man, and hope to see you at the Southern, soon.

By the way, good to see Jim is still across and involved, supporting Magnificent McGuinness and yes I had forgotten those pics for you of Kenichi ( No 1 Moodie fan in Tokyo), will send them tomorrow.

Somehow didn't think that Jim would allow John to take that 400 record, but still don't know how he managed to do it (lol).

By the way this is a personal posting and nothing at all to do with what I do relative to this site concerning what happens at the TT.

Every single man or woman who goes out and races the Mountain circuit has my utmost admiration and has the facility here on <A HREF="http://www.ttwebsite.com">www.ttwebsite.com</A> to have his/her exploits and endeavours published here.
09-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

09-06-2004, 12:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aye it's good to see Jim doing what he does a little bit more in the public eye and perhaps will give people a little more insight as to the man. Those who know Jim, know who and what he is and sincerely appreciate him for that. "Salt of the earth". Not at all like the image that some of the media would have people think, and if they actually knew what he is like and what he has done, their perception of him would be so different.

No John did not take Jim's record I am sure and it will stand forever now as they have decided to scrap the 400's so it will go down in posterity.

PA - What after last year, no comment ???

09-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just been to Castletown where the shops have posters congratulating Chris, and the George has a big banner over the door!
Came back to Douglas, and there were Jim and John sauntering down the Strand, presumably buying their lucky fairies and postcards!
10-06-2004, 04:53 PM