local idiots
Anonymous
Unregistered

local idiots
May I apologise to any TT Visitors on behalf of the local hooligans that invaded the Bushy's area last night. As usual, it is not the people who travel to the Island, but the residents who cause the trouble.
12-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: local idiots
Bob, we are all ashamed of our homegrown idiots but it is a fact of life
that we have to live with them. Our local bus stop is adorned with mindless graffiti and the next morning someone has to clean it all off. I feel ashamed
if anyone from overseas sees this stuff but we must learn to live with it.
12-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

These "people" are surely NOT Manx ?

There is a terrible feeling of "downgrading" on the Island--For the first time we felt nervous of teenagers who blatantly hogged the pavement, our car had vomit on the back when we returned to a car park in douglas and the filth and rubbish on the streets is the worse we have seen !!

What has happened ?
I love the Manx people but I feel you are now a minority..........

Has this impression been observed by others ?

12-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unfortunately every village has its idiots. But, one village in Texas is missing its idiot LOL!!

12-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes i'm sure that most of the drunken teenagers are imports just listen to the accents I don't think they are all Manx. I know the one that tried to pick pocket me in Jaks on sunday night was a scouser just over for weekend on the lash & not in the slightest interested in any racing.
12-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Manx accent can be mistaken sometimes like M'side? but dont blame Scousers its a social disease and didnt they have problems last year? i think so and the locals were blamed.
12-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nah, they were manx, I knew one of them, and gave him a dressing down. Dont think it made a lot of difference though.
13-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the visiting TT fans weren't so nice, they'd take some sticks and set those hooligans back a bit.
13-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: imported idiots
I'd like to apologise on behalf of all of us from "across" for the criminal behaviour of the k***heads who came over with the express intention of trying to ride at racing speeds on open roads, when in fact their ability would not qualify them to ride a moped in a field.
I saw the van in which one unfortunate worker (also from across I think) was killed by a rider who came through the windscreen. I have never seen such a terrible mess. Initially I thought the van had been under an artic, until I saw the bike, behind it, on the same truck.
The dead man had been sitting in the middle of the front seat, minding his own business, on his way to work.
I believe there is a proposal to impound the bikes of any riders riding outrageously next year. Hope it happens.
13-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the bike's smashed, it's worth very little anyway.

I'll admit I break speed limits, but I just wouldn't do what these fools do. I've seen nothing so incongruous as the Germans who go flat out on racing lines on open roads because they believe there's no law against it, then sit in line at Governer's Bridge because they think lane splitting is illegal.

In Germany there are laws about golf.

Hey- hope U had OK TT, Big H.
13-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helen i agree that something has to done and i think the Manx Parliment will take measures to curb this? Was there no track days at Jurby this year? and before anyone accuses me of being a spoil sport the bikes today are capable of breaking the sound barrier.
14-06-2004, 08:06 AM