A tough Sunday for the Moriwaki Althea Team at Misano
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
A tough Sunday for the Moriwaki Althea Team at Misano
[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]

The third and final day of the WorldSBK race weekend at Misano proved to be a challenging one for the Moriwaki Althea Honda Team. After some very heavy rain on Saturday, both the Superpole race and Race 2 took place under clear blue skies and in high temperatures today.

Yuki Takahashi concluded the morning’s sprint race in 14th place, followed by team-mate Ryuichi Kiyonari in 15th. Yuki was pushing hard in Race 2 trying to catch Sandro Cortese in 15th place but he unfortunately crashed with two laps to go, though with no physical consequences. Kiyonari concluded Race 2 in seventeenth position.

[Image: KiyoatMisano.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari 23 - Superpole Race P15 Race 2 P17

“This Misano round has been tough for me because I could not improve my feeling with the bike, especially with the front, and the fluctuating conditions over the weekend did not help the situation. Having said that, it is me who has to adapt to this kind of tricky conditions and for this reason I wish to apologize for the team for a less than satisfactory weekend”.

Yuki Takahashi 72 - Superpole Race P14 Race 2 RET

“We made quite a good start in the Superpole race and the decision to use the Pirelli soft tyre was a good one, as it worked well during the race and we were able to lap consistently enough until the end. We also changed something in terms of set-up, looking for more grip, and I think we saw a little improvement. We continued in that direction also for Race 2, adjusting the bike’s settings a bit, and I was happy with my feeling on the bike. We know it is not enough yet of course, but we worked very hard and I hope this work will be useful for the future. I also wish to say sorry to the team for the race 2 crash, as I made a mistake in braking, and I thank everyone for their support and hard work this weekend.”

23-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Website Find Reply