HISTORY BECKONS AT THE “CATHEDRAL” FOR CRUTCHLOW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HISTORY BECKONS AT THE “CATHEDRAL” FOR CRUTCHLOW
[Image: CastrolPowerLogo.jpg]

The MotoGP World Championship heads to the famous TT Circuit Assen in the Netherlands this weekend for round eight of the 2019 series. Assen is the most historic venue on the championship calendar - having hosted motorcycle racing since 1925, and is the only track still remaining from the inaugural Grand Prix season in 1949, leading to its nickname as the Cathedral of Speed.

It’s an even more special weekend for the LCR Honda CASTROL Team, as their Japanese constructor celebrates its own 60th anniversary of competing in GP racing. Cal Crutchlow is hoping to add to the festivities with a good result, having battled for the podium last time out in Spain. The Brit has scored a podium previously at Assen, and enjoyed a positive one-day test session following the last race in Barcelona.

[Image: CrutchlowpreAssen.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow

“Once again, we showed we had the speed at the last race, but it didn’t quite work out for us. It’s good to be going to Assen again. The track is really special and historic; especially this year, when Honda celebrate their 60 years in Grand Prix racing. That’s a big landmark and I’m happy to have played a small part in the company’s racing history".

“The track is unique in all kinds of ways. I really like the layout – I’ve been on the podium there and last year I finished less than four seconds behind the winner in one of the greatest MotoGP races I can remember. The LCR Honda CASTROL team is doing a great job this year and we hope we can again be in the front battle on Sunday.”

27-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Website Find Reply