CRUTCHLOW RELISHING SACHSENRING CHALLENGE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW RELISHING SACHSENRING CHALLENGE
[Image: CastrolPowerLogo.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow is looking forward to testing himself at the Sachsenring in this weekend’s German Grand Prix. A technical and punishing layout with plenty of tight corners, the LCR Honda CASTROL rider has twice finished as runner-up at the circuit and enjoys the challenge and atmosphere it offers.

The Briton revealed he sustained a knee injury in the run up to the event, although he remains hopeful of proving competitive once the action gets underway on Friday. Crutchlow will be looking to secure another positive result in Sunday’s race before the riders head off on the mid-season break.

[Image: CrutchlowpreGermany.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow #35

Of course, I’m looking forward to the Sachsenring weekend here, it’s a great race track with a lot of crowds. It’s difficult to manage the race here because the track is so tight and twisty and the tyre wear is very high. Also, I’m heading into the weekend with a bit of an injury to my right leg as yesterday, when I was out training on my bicycle, I slipped whilst I was off the bike checking something and hit my knee. There’s a small damage to one of the ligaments, which we think is the ACL, and we’ve had to have some fluid removed as it was swollen. We’ll have to see how I feel tomorrow on the bike, but hopefully I can bend the knee enough to be able to be competitive this weekend.”

[Image: SachsenringOverhead.jpg]
04-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Website Find Reply