Should we re-route the TT course?
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Should we re-route the TT course?
[Image: JessoponTTRoute.jpg]
Braddan Parish day at Strang Crossroads Braddan. Andrew Jessop, chairman of Braddan Parish Commissioners
with Chief Minister Howard Quayle

The leader of one of the island’s local authorities has suggested that the TT course could be re-routed to cut disruption to residents and businesses.

Andrew Jessopp, the chairman of Braddan Commissioners, was interviewed by local democracy reporter Ewan Gawne.

’I have been in discussions with the Department of Infrastructure with suggestions made to me that the route of the TT course should be changed,’ he said.

’That would require a certain amount of infrastructure work as well. But then that would enable the main road to continue in use which means there would be access to Snugborough housing and Snugborough trading estate.’

Mr Jessopp’s comments came as residents of the parish voiced frustration about the current access road.

[Image: TTRouteBraddan.jpg]

The single-track road runs from New Castletown Road near the Quarterbridge roundabout in Douglas to Braddan Road, near Braddan School.

It runs initially on the old Douglas to Peel railway line and is open for traffic while the TT course is shut.

Mr Jessopp said commuters were ’annoyed and frustrated’ with congestion along the TT access road.

’In the last couple of days I’ve had people say to me that they are going to be spending at least an hour stuck in traffic trying to get through the access road,’ he said.

’That’s an hour of their life they’ll never get back again.

’There is a high level of frustration and annoyance about it.’

The Department of Infrastructure has promised to replace the current route with a two-way carriageway by 2022.

Mr Jessopp said: ’I think that’s remarkably quick for the DoI.’

Braddan Commissioners have held talks with the department over the prospect of a new access road route and want a solution soon.

He added that new housing in the area was likely to place further stress on the route.

He would like to see a carriageway that could enable two vehicles - even lorries or buses - pass each other.

[Image: iomtodaylogo.jpg]
04-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Website Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
RE: Should we re-route the TT course?
Oh right Mr Jessopp ... and just where would in your heights of thinking would you re-direct the course so it didn't affect anybody living in the area ?. The access road logistics do though need reviewing - instead of bahaha moving the TT Course how about widening / extending the road further along the old railway line and then connecting it through the field up to the hospital roundabout ?? .. or is that too SIMPLE for you Mr Jessopp?.
04-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Find Reply
Moderator2 Offline

Threads: 0
I honestly had to double check the calendar when I first saw this on the IOM news site!! It's nearly as good as the one about building an underpass for the horse teams on the prom which they printed on April 1st one year!!
04-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
"That’s an hour of their life they’ll never get back again".
What a wet statement, probably from someone who moved into one of these new houses mentioned and still wants it all; it smacks of these nerks who move to the country then complain that their broadband isn't quick enough; - you can't have it all, and I'm sick of these privileged toffs with their attitude of entitlement.
06-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
They are very lucky they don`t live in South Wales and have to use the the Newport Tunnels where workers lose 2 hours of their life a day ,day in, day out, week in, week out because the half wit waste of space First Minister of Wales has refused a by pass road to be built after squandering  114 million pounds on surveys and public enquiry .
06-09-2019, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Yes there is a problem with the link road but to jump in with both feet and say the TT course wants rerouting is a bit much he wants to think about it a bit more before he puts his big foot in it.
14-09-2019, 04:07 PM
Find Reply