250's and 125's MGP TT, an idea?
Anonymous
Unregistered

250's and 125's MGP TT, an idea?
Its interesting that the GDF have a round at the S100, maybe,just maybe we could see top riders on top 250's and 125's at the MGP by having a 250/125 race at the MGP as a round of the GDF Championships in the near future?
This would surely give all the top riders who want to ride a 250 on the mountain course a chance, whilst improving the attraction of the MGP to fans.
I appreciate the financial aspects of the riders getting to the MGP but how about making their practice for example Sat evening end of practice week, when lets face it not many people are out practicing, then another after racing Monday, one on Weds after racing, then race Friday am making the lightweight/Ultra lightweight a MGP/GDF round incorporated into one ? Or at least some sort of arrangement whereas they only need to spend 1 week max on the Island?
Afterall we have around 10-15 riders willing to enter 250's at the TT and around 30 at the MGP, that gives a full grid? Same with 125's.
Food for thought maybe Joe?
Cheers
Russ
07-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 250's and 125's MGP TT, an idea?
That sounds like a great idea to me.
I try to keep out of the politics becauase I firmly believe the direction of the TT/ MGP (the latter in particular) should be dictated by the wishes and needs of the riders, so speak up, guys and gals.
07-07-2004, 10:49 PM