Special Presentation to Southern 100 Supporter
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Special Presentation to Southern 100 Supporter
[Image: S100hdr2020.jpg]

Like most voluntary organisations there are people who ‘work’ tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure their favourite pastime, hobby or sport (sometimes all three) thrive.

Within the Southern 100 Race organisation, one such person is Tricia Clague, who for the past twenty-years has looked after the Race Control Hospitality.

However, since 1996 in the background, she has quietly worked away raising funds for the Southern 100 Supporters Club, which provides funds for purchasing safety equipment around the Colas Billown Course and assisting riders and their families when the need arises.

Tricia presented her latest donation amounting to £650.00 to Club President Phil Taubman MBE at a social evening held at The Old Market Inn, Douglas recently.

Mrs Clague raises the money in various ways, making hand-made Greetings Cards, keyrings, decorating empty wine bottles along with other ideas that have been thought of over the years.

Tricia is indebted to mine hosts of The Old Market, Dave and Jayne as they have her greeting cards and bottles on display and for sale at very reasonable prices!

[Image: TrishClaguePresentation2.jpg]
Tricia Clague presenting a cheque to Phil Taubman
(Tracey & Juan Harrison)

Phil Taubman, Club President thanked Tricia for her generous donation saying:

‘You never fail to surprise us with your donations each year raised with much effort on our behalf and the Supporters Cub is extremely grateful to you.’

After the cheque presentation and photos and just prior to enjoying a buffet, prepared and provided by Tricia, it was her time to be surprised when Club Secretary Rachel Palmer presented her with an engraved crystal vase in recognition of her fund raising over the years, which now totals over £10,000.00!

Thanking everyone Tricia said:

‘ This means so much to me, the Southern 100 meant so much to Gordon and he asked me to keep being involved after he died and I am keeping his wish alive especially when I am at Race Control, which was where he was based with the Start Procedure and the all-important Finishing Flag.

‘Gordon was involved as a teenager with Phil (Taubman) with the first races in 1955, so the Southern 100 has been a large part of my life and continues to be so – thank you again.’

[Image: TrishClaguePresentation1.jpg]
Tricia Clague & Rachel Palmer (Tracey & Juan Harrison

The final surprise of the evening to Tricia was the presentation of a bouquet of her favourite flowers, carnations from the Committee.

06-02-2020, 04:23 PM
Website Find Reply