Well done Southern 100 club
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well done Southern 100 club
I got back late last night after a great day at the Southern 100 dispite the rain the club ran a very slick race meeting from the way scrutineering is done through to the prompt running on schedule and the whole family atmosphere. It was quite simply wonderful well done to all.

There is lot that race organisers here in Ireland could learn from the Southern 100 club. I look forward to the day when we see a road race in Ireland that can match the standards of the Southern 100. Perhaps Shane will be racing by then.
Worryingly Shane seemed to enjoy the sidecars most ! !
16-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Well done Southern 100 club
Cargo, that's the way the S100 boys run EVERY event!!

Aye, I'd worry about Shane too . . . . .
16-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I knew young Shane was my kind of boy! I look forward to babysitting this Manx.
16-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helen, if God had meant us to race sidecars he'd have given us three legs.

Oops, sorry Charlie, sorry Louise . . . .

S'pose this means I'm no longer an honorary member of the sidecar club!!
16-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a Manx link in there somewhere, if I could get the brain to work. Too tired after a great time at the Southern.
Thank you again to all at the S100 Club, George, Phil Taubman, the whole committee, the wonderful catering crew (mostly the same lot!), including Ali, who made a big impression on the kids (!). They made the experience of his first visit to the Isle of Man memorable for my grandson, Jake, who loves it and will be back...you have been warned!
Louise was so pleased to be back, and chuffed how many people recognised her and remembered who she is. We were all very reluctant to go home!
What other club could hold races in the awful conditions, and still finish on time, with so little hassle.
Simply the best....oh, yes....once again, the specal way competitors are treated..individual firework show for solo and sidecar champions, with their own musical tribute "We are the champions" for sidecar winners, Nick Crowe and Darren Hope and "Simply the best" for Ian Lougher. Magic.
17-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks to the Southern club for another great meeting and get well also to Barry, Matt, and Jamie and it was great meeting so many people who use this site? thanks again i also am shattered but will be ready for next week( Kells)
17-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's all the fuss about? Nothing has changed in the last fourty years.

The Very Best. Friendliest, Helpful and Sporting:-
Road Race
Organisation
Officials
Scrutineers
Marshalls
Atmosphere
Competitors

Nothing needs to change if it's done right in the first place.
18-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your not to old to make a comeback Tom, after all lads like Alan Steele are still winning so how about it i am sure Charlie would help you out?
18-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yea that would really cause a sensation and scare the opposition into submission, I can't even see well enough to mow straight lines on the lawn.

Can't even see this message board unless I blow it up to disabled mode thats why I don't post much.

18-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok Tom i understand and i hope your sight gets no worse.
18-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

As always, the S100 Club have run a suberb event again this year!
Conditions were less than ideal (except for Monday) for a roadrace meeting, however, the organisers appear to be prepared for every eventuality, and they actually listen to the riders!!!
Well done to all at the S100 Club for another excellent meeting.
A lot of other clubs could learn a lot by following the standards set by this club.

Excellent racing, friendly meeting, catching up with friends, what more could you want from a race meeting?

P.S.
Great to meet Pykey again...see you at Kells next weekend.
18-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chaz i will be in Mcguires Bar Fri looking for you know who?
18-07-2004, 05:27 PM