Matt Jackson update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Matt Jackson update
Gail and I visited Matt in hospital again tonight and he is steadily improving from the injuries he sustained as a result of his Southern 100 crash, and is in good spirits although thoroughly bored with hospital life. The main problem which is keeping him in for the moment is the punctured lung, which is only working at a fraction of normal capacity due to the fluid which is still being drained from it. However this is a lot better than a couple of days ago, and Matt is having an x-ray tomorrow to determine how much the lung has improved, and how soon he can travel home.

The other injuries will obviously take time to heal but are not too much of a long-term concern. He has had a plate inserted into his broken upper arm, his hand has been pinned, he has 3 broken ribs and possibly a couple of cracked vertebrae, but he can walk unaided - he certainly managed to get to the TV room to watch the GP the other day with no trouble ! He has said that he'll be spending plenty of time on the racing websites when he gets home, as he's likely to be off work for a while. He is very philosophical about the accident, which he puts down to the occupational hazards of road racing.

If anyone would like to send a card to Matt, he is currently at :

Ward 11
Nobles Hospital
Braddan
Isle of Man

We'll keep you posted with any update on his condition.
20-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Matt Jackson update
Please give Matt my best wishes. I am still looking for a suitable card!!
21-07-2004, 06:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Matt Jackson update
GOOD News today for Matt, he's going home in the morning !
But sadly on the slow boat never mind at least back to home comforts for the time being.
21-07-2004, 09:24 PM