TT 2021
ian333 Offline

Threads: 2
TT 2021
What are people’s views on TT21 happening? It seems we are all expecting some major medical breakthrough on the vaccine or treatment side to be in place long before the TT rolls around. The Isle of Man is currently enjoying 40+ days of no new cases with their borders closed. 

I presume they will open their borders at some point but I am apprehensive about them opening it to 30 thousand fans. The TT is less than 11 months away but we are probably less than 6-7 months away from the organisers having to guarantee the show will go ahead. 

That does not give us a lot of time. 

Thoughts (asking for a friend)?
08-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Online
Administrator

Threads: 131
RE: TT 2021
I think it's too early to have any idea whatsoever, so speculation is pointless.

One thing is pretty certain is,that after this year's succes in eliminating the disease, the island will close its borders to protect its population and rightly so.

Any new drug must be throughly tested and that takes considerable time, during which the virus may have mutated away from the original.

Steam Packet and others have been excellent in refunds this year, I got mine back a damn site quicker than similarly made airline bookings.

Make your booking and have a cup half full rather than half empty!
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
09-07-2020, 09:03 AM
Find Reply