Where in the world
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where in the world
It would be interesting to see from where in our world our stringers hail.

Perhaps, after the TT we don't get so many on this board, but we know of people from Germany,France, etc who regularly contribute..

Could we put our country/state/area of origin on our postings in future just to see how many countries and continents are represented.

I have been surprised at receiving hits on my own websites from quite a few countries, some of them not on my 1957 atlas !!!!
29-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Where in the world
Well, as you know, Ian I am Scottish, with Viking and Celtic overtones, and proud of them. Some of my forefathers may well have been involved in the rape and pillage of Mannanin's lovely Isle, but I try to be well behaved while there (the occasional mischievous spell, perhaps).
29-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have friends, some of whom have stayed with me, others with whom I have stayed, or been invited to visit, from Germany, USA, Japan, France, Ireland, the Isle of Man, Canada, Australia....all directly because of this website. Many "stringers" have formed real friendships and at least two long term relationships have come about because of TTwebsite.. Well done, Malcolm....better buy a hat!!
29-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thought you already had a nice black pointed one Helen!!!!!
29-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, yes...I suppose I could put some festive fairy lights on it! Or paint somthing appropriate on that boring white Arai!
29-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, as you all know, I come from Australia, but more specifically the Central Coast area of NSW approx. 1.5 hours drive north of Sydney. ex TT rider, Keith Bryen, lives a few streets away and it's a lovely part of the world, surrounded by lakes and sea.
30-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I'm British, with an Irish mother and currently living and working in Saudi Arabia.
When "home" I live in north east Hampshire, about three and a half miles fro where I was born.
Chris of Arabia (without a Brough Superior)
31-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm from Canada and currently live in Texas. Harry is a native Texan , yee-haw! Elizabeth
01-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Born and bred in Londonderry Ireland, now living down under in Melbourne.
04-08-2004, 02:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm from Duisburg/Germany . It's a great industrial town in the industrial area "Ruhrgebiet".
More information on my website <A HREF="http://www.gruseleck.de">www.gruseleck.de</A>.
Michael
04-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You mean you don't live at the Gruseleck camp all the time?
04-08-2004, 04:00 PM