Gail at the MGP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gail at the MGP
Gail Musson made a very good start to her 2004 MGP campaign this evening with two laps, the second of which was timed at 23.43, a speed of 95.45mph. For a first session this was an excellent performance and, suitably inspired by her friend Anita Buxton's win at Dundrod today, she was the leading 125 rider by a distance and faster than the majority of the 400s. She was delighted with the set-up of the bike which has recently had a few modifications done to it, and felt comfortable and relaxed right from the off despite getting slowed by yellow flags at Union Mills on the first lap. With a dodgy weather forecast for the next few days it was important to get two good laps in tonight, which she did in some style. Roll on Monday !
21-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Gail at the MGP
Nice one, Gail. Keep up the good work.

What sort of mods were done David, engine or suspension?
22-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

haaaa YOU WANT ME in give my secrets away !!

I can tell you, both, quite alot of changes
in fact that I only just made it to the first practise session ! As we had to get some fuel
from a friend to get me there coz the pumps weren't open til 2pm Saturday not a lot of good
when testing starts at 9 til 1 on Saturday morning!
It proved worth while and we are not far of the set-up we need. I throughly enjoyed the two laps
despite three 30 mph hold ups on first lap,
incidently two newcomers after their slow lap with
marshalls ! Still was 90mph first lap out followed
by a much better clearer run, with a about three
slower riders, not bad 95.45mph second lap.
22-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What ever the "Secrets" you still had the skill and nerve to use any improvements and carve your way around the course. No one can deny you of your achievement. Let's hope the weather is not against you for later.
Chris and Virginia
22-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well done Gail! You were going well at Gorse Lea.
22-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good on you, Gail. Will be thinking of you. Best wishes for a successful meeting.
22-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You must have been early at Gorse Lea if Foster was still awake. Once he has had his pork pie and thermos of tea he usually has a little nap in the bus shelter after the first lap.
23-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........UNGH!....WHAWASAT?
23-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

She looked great at Bray too, especially on her second lap.
23-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gail is to be congratulated on her racing abilities-shes been in the saddle quite a few years now -often finishes well- and is a safe competitor - keep up the good work Gail-it is good to see you in actiuon here in Ireland and maybe your turn will come to win @Dundrod - just like Anita @grand prix -all success to youin future.
06-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your honest words !

A great Manx Grand Prix and yes one day hope to
do the Ulster, but I don't think it'll be next
year, will have to see. I certainly love racing in Ireland the fans are so enthusiastic !
Long live road racing ! And two strokes !
Please do say hello if we return to the North West in 2005.
07-09-2004, 08:13 PM