Ulster Grand Prix Supporters Club pays tribute to founding member Andy Pinkerton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ulster Grand Prix Supporters Club pays tribute to founding member Andy Pinkerton
[Image: AndyPinkertonPasses.jpg]
The late Andy Pinkerton (left) pictured with fellow Ulster Grand Prix Supporters Club members Des Stewart (chairman),
the late Cecil Calvert and Paul McGovern (treasurer) at the Ulster Grand Prix in 2015

The Ulster Grand Prix Supporters Club has paid tribute to one of its founding members, who sadly passed away before Christmas.

Andy Pinkerton was a former President of the UGPSC and helped found the club in 1963.

Along with his wife Menai, Mr Pinkerton, formerly from Crumlin, also served as a club registrar for more than 20 years.

He passed away peacefully in hospital following a long period of illness.

UGPSC committee member Tom Best said his former colleague was:-

“always willing to help out in any way he could”.

“Andy was a former President of the Ulster Grand Prix Supporters Club as well as being a founder member,” [i]he said.

“For over 50 years Andy was a devoted and hard-working member of the club, always willing and ready to help out in any way he could.

“He walked the roads and fields with the familiar metal tray - from the North West 200 to Skerries and every road race, short circuit, and indeed grasstrack and motocross events - selling badges and recruiting members.

“For over 20 years Andy and his wife Menai acted as registrars of the club, sending out many thousand envelopes to help keep the club alive,” he added.

“In 2002 when the Dundrod club took over the running of the Ulster Grand Prix, all the office bearers and committee of the supporters club walked away with the exception of Andy and myself.

“He will be sorely missed and it would be great to see the UGP up and running again in memory of people like him.”

[/i]The Ulster Grand Prix was cancelled last year as a result of financial difficulties.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White

07-01-2021, 04:31 PM
Website Find Reply