SYNETIQ BMW ALL REVVED UP AND READY FOR ROUND ONE AT OULTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SYNETIQ BMW ALL REVVED UP AND READY FOR ROUND ONE AT OULTON PARK
[Image: SynetiqBikes.jpg]

The much anticipated opening round of this season’s Bennetts British Superbike Championship takes places this weekend at the picturesque Oulton Park, parkland circuit in Cheshire [June 25/26/27]. Andrew Irwin and Danny Buchan will make their long overdue SYNETIQ BMW racing debuts aboard TAS Racing prepared M 1000 RR machinery, which has received a lot of attention since its launch by BMW Motorrad.

To be honest, the later than normal start time to the BSB season has been okay for us. Like most other teams we have completed multiple test days on relevant tracks and the opportunity has given us time to help our new riders adapt to BMW machinery. Of course we are still developing the new M 1000 RR and I’m certain both riders will benefit further from some race miles however, as a starting package we are very happy and look forward to settling into the new season at Oulton Park this weekend.

This is an important year for TAS Racing in BSB and it goes without saying, we are very grateful for the support provided from all of our sponsors: BMW, SYNETIQ and everyone who has helped TAS Racing create this opportunity.

Good luck to our riders, Andrew and Danny and to each of our competitor teams.

PHILIP NEILL SYNETIQ BMW TEAM MANAGER

[Image: AndyIrwinpreOulton.jpg]

ANDREW IRWIN - #18 BRITISH SUPERBIKE

I’m really looking forward to round 1 at Oulton Park with SYNETIQ BMW. For sure there are some pre-race nerves and excitement, but I feel we are in a good position and testing has been positive in the most part with the M 1000 RR. We will be realistic with our expectations this weekend and the goal is three solid results. That will give me something to build on going forward. I can’t wait to get stuck in on Friday and Saturday, which will give us a good indication of where we are for the three races.

[Image: DannyBuchanpreOulton.jpg]

DANNY BUCHAN - #83 BRITISH SUPERBIKE

It’s been a very good off season for me. New team, new bike and new crew, so there has been a lot to learn in a short amount of time, but I’m really pleased with how the TAS Racing prepared M 1000 RR has performed. There's obviously still a lot more to come from myself and the SYNETIQ BMW package. Oulton Park is one of my favourite tracks, so I’m looking forward to riding the BMW there and making a positive step from when we tested. I’m just looking forward to going racing again and seeing some fans at the circuit.

FRIDAY

12:45 BSB Free Practice 1
15.50 BSB Free Practice 2

SATURDAY

10.05 BSB Free Practice 3
13.15 Qualifying
16.15 Race 1 (14 laps)

SUNDAY

12.00 Warm up
13.45 Race 2 (18 laps)
16.45 Race 3 (18 laps)

[/i]