James TOSELAND
Anonymous
Unregistered

James TOSELAND
Reports on RRR.com say that James is living in
Ramsey! ALso Steve PARISH.

I know of one other rider who has just moved over, this person races on the TT course, spotted
by AGO, KEEP QUIET AGO, LET THEM GUESS !!
06-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: James TOSELAND
A very exiting end to the World Superbike championship & a fantastic ride by James Toseland
to claim the world championship, but can't help feeling this really nice & presentable young man's achivements are a bit low key, saw nothing on telly or the papers worth talking about.Is it I wonder because he is not a contraversial character like Foggy or outspoken like Sheene etc?
There is also rumours that Ducati may not retain him for next year despite showing he can be as tough as anyone out on the track?
07-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You put my thoughts into words, very well!
He IS a very personable and professional young man. Its easy to forget just how young he is.
I must admit that, earlier in the season, I wondered if he had what it takes to win the championship. He almost seemed to nice for the job! How wrong could I be??
Well done young Toseland.
If Ducati DO let him go, then somebody else will grab him and good luck!

Mike
07-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Mike exactly, I thought he'd lost the plot during the season & maybe he wasn't up to the job but he rode hard when it mattered beating hard man Regis Laconi for the championship in his own back yard in the process.Nail bitting stuff.Maybe he doesn't want to or doesn't need to swear and slag off everyone from other riders to his own team to get motivated.I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this young man.
07-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike in this currupt world nice men get walked on? i hope Ducati do retain James.
07-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too, am very pleased for James. I have his autographed photo sitting right in front of me. As a fitting reward I hope he gets a fantastic ride next year. With regards to publicity, well, it seems to me that people would rather print bad news stories than refreshing ones like this achievement. Having said that I'm pleased to say the Australian press actually featured great stories of our own Jason Crump who was the first Oz in 52 years to win a world speedway championship.
07-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here in Reading we have a road in the area called Toseland Way. It now means something to us fans!!

Well done James indeed.
11-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I know what Elwyn means - my family and I went to Brands Hatch last week to see the champ. I have to say he really impressed us in all ways, particularly the way he put up with the demands for autographs, interviews etc. Also, he really is an accomplished piano player and singer as he proved in the bar in the afternoon. That said, he just doesn't seem "hungry" in the way that Foggy did (and still does) and maybe that is why he doesn't get the attention in the press. Unfortunately, consummate skill and success just doesn't seem to cut it for the media if it doesn't come with some kind of controversy. I have to say it's more than enough for me, so thanks James for helping to make a great day truly memorable.

PS - I don't think I've ever seen a mum looking prouder than his did !!!!!!!!
27-10-2004, 11:12 PM