Can they really do this ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can they really do this ?
We have been to the Show at the NEC--
We booked our hotel one the internet at a set rate, and I phoned the hotel two days later to ensure we had a Non Smoking room.

We had a super time in Birmingham and then during breakfast on the day we were leaving, went to reception to pay the bill.

Was I shocked to find that it was exactly double what we had been told. Surprisingly, the people next to me were charged double as well.......

We were told......"Oh that was the tariff on the internet.........." Now we both had a printed receipt taken off the interent booking to present at the reception.

After much arguing, we eventually were charged the internet figure !!!

This is quite a dodge is it not..

Has anyone else had this ?

The show itself is pale, only Kawasaki have a really new 636 to show..

Aprilia aren't there and there are no scooters as such except for the Jap ones on main stands.

See <A HREF="http://www.motorcycleshow.co.uk">www.motorcycleshow.co.uk</A> and stay warm !!

Oh by the way, some of the cars in the hotel car park had their rear windows smashed out during the night as well !!
07-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Can they really do this ?
Yes, had an instance of this in Japan recently. They charged over the internet confirmed rate. Not much over but I am still negotiating. The American internet booking agency (starting with "E") did not want to know anything about it.
My strategy next time will be to have the rate confirmed and signed off when I book in at the front desk.
Can I also suggest if you are ever travelling on a code share flight that you check with both airlines as you may be surprised to find the fares are not always the same.
Sad isn't it when dealing with large companies who feel it is fair game to try to rip you off.
08-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think we should all write to the Sunday telegraph about this...see above...
08-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have the address for the Telegraph? I can't let anyone see me buying one.
13-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

14-11-2004, 03:42 PM