EU interference
Anonymous
Unregistered

EU interference
Just read this in the Sunday Telegraph.

<A HREF="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/11/07/nbook07.xml">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/11/07/nbook07.xml</A>

Cars and Bikes will be next !!! Sell your spanners now!!!!!!!!!!!
07-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: EU interference
So does that mean you have to have some form of proof when buying any DIY electricial goods ?!
07-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anybody would think the Telegraph didn't like Labour!

I didn't realise people still read that rag, apart from spanking colonels.
08-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

SPANKED colonels, surely?????

Not to mention Conservative MPs . . . .
08-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

..........and what will be the plans to "harmonise" on elecric power plugs and sockets?
I get around the world a bit and have come across some very feeble standards. (Not to mention the flimsy "Micky Mouse" American plugs). You can't beat the good old BS 13a three-pin plug for safety.
Bah, humbug, all motorcycles should be "harmonised" to follow the Brough Superior SS 100 design!!!!!

Chris of Arabia
08-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I kind of liked the round pin, 15&5 Amp system. I think I'll wire the bike like that, just to cock a snook at Brussels.
08-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I suggest that reading it could ruin your Sunday.
By the way, Michael...into what will you plug the Triton once its all wired and plugged up?
08-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

And the yanks should be made to change their light switches to the correct way up.
08-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You may well scoff,but wait until the faceless,unelected,non representative,gravy train riders turn their sights on to the TT.
Men and Women racing on public roads,don't think this should be allowed!!!!!!!!!
08-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just as an aside, so as not to highjack this thread, are there many people out there cannibalise broken electrical plugs and adaptors to save all the "useful brass bits" and screws?
08-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sadly, yes, I am guilty of this practice, and have boxes of misfitting screws, nuts, bolts, doofers, thingummys and other unrecognisable "useful" bits...can't bring myself to throw them away..
08-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you still get those adaptors that let you connect the iron to the light fitting over the kitchen table?
08-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't know. I never iron anything!Can you run a drill off it?
08-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, Mr.P, I still have one of those adaptors, we used to call them two-way-switches.

We would all be sitting round the radios listening to Journey Into Space on the Light Program, Dad would be constantly re-tuning the set to get rid of whistles and hums, Mother would be ironing.

The hanging light in the centre of the room would be swinging on its flex in rhythm to Mum's ironing strokes. The moving shadows used to scare me into thinking that there were Martians hiding under the table or in the dark corners.

Over a period of time the cloth covered, rubber insulated flex would fail at the ceiling rose and plunge us into darkness. More often than not, the fuse would blow. More work for Dad climbing on a chair with a candle. Worst of all would be if the meter ran out and no one had a shilling.

HAPPY DAZE.
09-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Chris for the memory.

The planet Hesikos, and all the little white flowers . . . . . . . . .

Christ, that wasn't yesterday!!
10-11-2004, 01:41 AM