Admin Offline (and full webite down)
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 134
Admin Offline (and full webite down)
I have a eye op for an 'oil change' this afternoon so will be offline for a few days likely.

I am sorry but applications to join and other admin matters will necessarily be delayed dealing with.
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2023, 01:01 PM by Chris_Sav.)
18-08-2023, 10:21 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 402
RE: Admin Offline
Good luck Chris, hope it goes well, 
we're off for our weekend away in Tylerman, this afternoon, so my old phone will struggle to do much!  Confused
18-08-2023, 10:30 AM
Website Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Apologies the site has been down for a few days, could not have happened at a worse time with me in hospital Friday.

The site hosting needs renewing, it looks like invoices went to a former email account of Malcolm's. Thanks to YNH Ltd who have kindly reactivated the site whilst I talk to them.

Will advise.

PS the oil change was damn painful,  I only have peripheral vision in the eye for a week or so but can already gauge the operation was a success.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2023, 11:30 AM by Chris_Sav.)
21-08-2023, 11:29 AM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Malcolm had the full pro hosting offering which would cost £220 to renew.

I have asked the new owner what he wants to do, but will renew at the next offering down @ £95. I'll have to delete some of Malcolm's picture archive to get within the limits. Thus a few historic images may be missing. Let me know of any and I'll reinstate them individually.

Longer term I am happy to administer the forum for now. The main news site I will not be keeping up to date. Does anyone want to act as news editor? There is a package installed like 'Word' that I can give access to. Alternative is I freeze the main site as a memorial and just keep the forum going which would allow  an even smaller hosting package to be used at around £50.

Short term I could do with a few more donations please. The domain name expires in three weeks as well! that will be another £22
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2023, 01:02 PM by Chris_Sav.)
21-08-2023, 11:52 AM
Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 49
RE: Admin Offline (and full webite down)
Oh Chris, we understand that you're in a difficult position at the moment so I can only suggest you do what you think is best for firstly for yourself and secondly for the good of the forum. I might also add that I didn't realise how much I visit the forum until it wasn't there!

Best wishes, Andrew.
21-08-2023, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I use this frequently, and if you let me know your bank details via a private message, I will send you some money.
Thank you for all the work you have put in to keep the site going.
21-08-2023, 02:40 PM
Find Reply
milestone 11 Offline

Threads: 8
Hope all with the op has gone well Chris. Welcome back.
21-08-2023, 08:31 PM
Find Reply