Is this a big con?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is this a big con?
Is this a big con! I recently booked laps around a Cheshire Race Circuit on the internet, The only race circuit I knew in Cheshire was Oulton Park. Having now paid for this I am told it is the Three Sister's. Have boundary's changed in recent years.

I enclose a copy of the reply I received when I questioned this.

Regards Bill Warren.

Dear Bill
>
> Many thanks for your recent purchase.
> I can advise you that on the Location venue list that you would have
> received inside your envelope, the first location on this sheet is
> actually
> Cheshire.
> The circuit is Three Sister's Circuit, Aintree in Cheshire
> Telephone number is: 01942 270 230

28-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Is this a big con?
I'll think you will find that Three Sisters is in Wigan, LANCASHIRE. Big con indeed!

Rusty
28-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

And the Aintree cirquit is in Liverpool. inside the horserace ring... that guy in the letter has no idea what he is saying...
28-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What website was it?
If you've been defrauded and have nothing booked at any circuit in reality, you could try taking it to the cops, trading standards people, whoever...
28-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Definitely a money back in full job or get onto the trading standards straight away tell them you want you them to get your money back under the sale of goods and services act.

Thats what they are there for and you or youe parents pay them for out of their Council Tax.
28-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i think you'll find that the booking office is at aintree, also it's the aintree club that runs these days. still a bit of a con though, looking at that wording.
ade!
28-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went to Oulton Park in 1965 to see Jim Clark race a Ford Cortina and the address was as below. Don't tell me they have moved it? I believe there are about 3 different circuits at Oulton Park for various events.

Oulton Park Circuit
Little Budworth
Taporley
Cheshire.

The address for the other circuit is further north in Lancashire which is far to close to Scotland for my liking!!

Three Sisters Race Circuit
Bryn Road
Ashton-in-Makerfield
Wigan
Lancashire.
29-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

!Trading standards! Dont get me started on them there a JOKE I bought a crash helmet brand new I took it too trading standards coz you could pull it staight off you head with it fastend. They said well it passed all the tests and stamped with the ACU sticker so tuff. I did get arefund and bought a good one beging with an A
29-11-2004, 01:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which website was this offer posted on? if i were you i might try Citizens Advice Bureau but book an apointment first because you might wait for hours, good luck.
29-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aintree is indeed in Liverpool, and the 3 sisters circuit is near Wigan (ish). I believe they are run by the same people, so I think they are just using "Aintree" as the company's name and your day out could be at the actual 3 sisters circuit which I know do that sort of thing. I don't think Aintree is used for track days but I could be wrong. Either way neither is in Cheshire, so you could demand your money back.
29-11-2004, 11:05 AM