Boxing Day Mallory and all that followed (below)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Boxing Day Mallory and all that followed (below)
Once again, I'm delighted to observe just how tolerant we, as motorcycle racing enthusiasts, are when it comes to other motorised sport, four wheeled in particular.

No, on second thoughts replace "delighted" by "depressed".

I'll tell you this - if, having paid good money to go into a circuit to watch a mixed meeting, I was told that the Christians weren't to be allowed to entertain me because it was dangerous, then I would stay and get some money's worth by watching the cars.

I wouldn't go home in a huff.

As a licenceholder myself, I certainly wouldn't want to go out on the ice and, if the Clerk of the Course declined to let us out on safety grounds, then that'd be fine by me.

But did we really need all the twaddle that's been poured out in the thread below?

No offence Ade - I know that you were particularly disappointed, but boy did you attract some strange responses!!
30-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Boxing Day Mallory and all that followed (belo
i always do larry, i always do. you should know that by now, you've known me long enough. by the way, i'm not even going to read what's been put on since my last posting. why? because as far as i'm concerned i had the last word on the matter :-] hope to see you at skerries, along with that other hermit cargo.
cheers, ade!
30-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Typical of you Ade you've gone and provoked a response.
I'm not a hermit just a tight fisted grumpy old man trying to make a few quid to ....................................................................watch this space.

BACK TO MY SHELL

30-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look forward to it!!
30-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trying to imagine a night out in a pub with you three..eeeeeek! Add Pykey, Foster, Russ....Yikes..when? Where?
30-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come to Skerries Helen!

Or . . . . . convince Ade to come to Billown in May, and we'll organise a Classic ride for Cargo.

Easy!!
30-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, yes, Billown..get Jane to work on Cargo...Ade might take a bit of persuasion. He thinks the Island is just the TT.
30-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i heard that! no way helen, i've always said i'd love to go to the s100. the t.t i hate with a passion, but for my own personal reasons. where's this buffoon place you're on about anyway? ;-]
ade!
31-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A trip to Billown with a classic ride organised after being "worked on" by Jane.

YES PLEASE

Ade you just gotta go and see this.
31-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You don't hate the TT Ade, you love it, you just hate not knowing where you're staying when you get there, left a bit, right a bit, no left a bit, no straight on, I'm sure she Onchan, could have been laxey, all sound the same to me on the phone ;-0 :-)
LOL
31-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

31-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just do it!
Come on, guys, Southern100, best racing in the world...see you there.
31-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Just do it!
Southern 100 is a funny old meeting isnt it? All those who've done it seem to love it, and all those, me included who haven't, never would.I watched the steam packet there, first year it was inroduced and to be honest, I would never have raced there for all the money in the world, hat off to all those that dare!! ;-)
Godd luck to all of those still racing in 2005 and all those who are about to start.
Oh yeah and good luck and best wishes to all boardies.
i keep loking on here to keep my sanity today, I've got a years books to do today for my work, and 3 months of last years, nver been into paperwork, couldnt do it at school, thats why I drive a van all day!!! Still tt website and a large bottle of famous grouse (couldnt find any highland park ) will help me f**k it up, but at least I wont care ;0
Russ
31-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We could do a parade lap in an outfit Russ, I could do a few skids for up to make it a bit more interesting Smile
31-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

EVEN A PARADE LAP ON THE SIDE OF YOU?? NOT A F*****G HOPE IN HELL!!!!!!
IF YOU FANCY TT I'LL PASSENGER YOU THERE, I'LL TAP YOU ON LEFT SHOULDER FOR LEFT, AND RIGHT SHOULDER FOR RIGHT, I'LL NUDGE YOU GENTLY FOR FLAT OUT, AND BASH YER F*****G KIDNEYS IN WHEN ITS TIME TO BREAK!!!! ;-) LOL
JUST HOPE THE GNU KNOWS LEFT FROM RIGHT??????

31-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

JUst do it! The Southern is the best race in the world and you will never regret.

I've done the lot Manx. T.T. Daytona, Endurance and G.Ps/

There is no where that you will enjoy yourself more or find a more friendly and better run event.
31-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

My one great ambition in life was to do the Southern100. I was lucky enough to do it 2 years running, and if I get stuck in Groundhog Day, I want it to be that first year. I loved every second of it.
31-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Russ I raced at Billown once in the Steam Packet meeting at the end of TT.
It was a great day amazingly I wasn't last and beat a local as well.
It is a very very scary track with lots of very horrible stone walls and fast very fast........just the way i like it.
I'll be back to do it again one day.
Classic anyone???????????
31-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom, didn't my namesake win the S100 once ? all the best for 05.

Russ I reckon that you'd really like a go in an outfit : )you just need a bit more talking round.
31-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's the style Stephen get there next year.

Yep Garry. the late little Gary Dickinson who ran a Honda dealership, Dickinson Steele on Scotland Road in Liverpool won at least one race at the Southern, in my opinion one of the nicest and most popular blokes and best sportsman to ever throw a leg over a racing bike, and proud to say a very dear friend of mine.

I think he was the smallest man ever to race, probably less than 4'6" tall and a brilliant courageous rider's, he never enjoyed the best of health and died very young.

Finished 3rd in the 69 125 T.T by default when the winner the late Fred Launchbury was disqualified for having a Bultaco .5mm oversize.

Gary asked everyone of us who finished in the first ten to agree to support an appeal to the Jury that Fred should not lose his first place because of what was probably just wear on the cylinder bore.

A lovely man and as with many others sadly missed.

Happy New Year to everyone and a safe and successful year to all who throw their leg over a racing iron.
31-12-2004, 10:45 PM