manx weather ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

manx weather ?
I'm sitting in warmth here in Reading with the sun beaming through my open window and no breeze to move the curtains whatsoever.

Therefore I extend sympathy to those of you up north (from whence I came originally) in the light of this awful weather you are suffering.

My friend (TT Enthusiast) who lives in Carlisle told me he has had to move upstairs since his downstairs is awash. He has moved his motorcycle to higher ground of course, but he dreads opening the car door....the car was partially underwater for two days.

Please, put our minds to rest that our beloved island is not waterlogged and various vertical landmarks are still...vertical.

Any reports ??

12-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: manx weather ?
Just about every time I have looked on the tourism web cam it's been lashing down.
12-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The IOM has had a battering, the course is stroon with trees and power lines on the course from the gales on saturday everyone is working hard to get things back to normal, and providing we have no more gales everything is looking good for another great TT.
12-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hear that the Motorcycle Museum at the Bungalow lost its roof, anyone any more information?
13-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Murray's roof blown off? Hell one of my old bikes is parked in a case in there,hope it did'nt get too wet
13-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just read winds reached 112mph at brandywell.
13-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Follow the link for IOM storm photo's, the first one is Braddan straight.

<A HREF="http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1563&ArticleID=917232">http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1563&ArticleID=917232</A>
15-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just had a thought. Seeing as so many long standing trees have been knocked over around the course after the recent bad weather, especially Kirk Michael through to Ramsey, how might this affect riders and times, at the 2005 event.

I am sure that the section through Bishopscourt, now missing so many overhanging trees, will appear very different to everyone now.

Is it me, or is this something for consideration ???
17-01-2005, 09:49 PM