TTSC Dance
Anonymous
Unregistered

TTSC Dance
Anyone I know going to the TT Supporters Club Dance on 19 February, in Garstang?
19-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TTSC Dance
No sorry Helen,we all going to the North East club dance on 5th Feb as Martin Jowett is collecting the Supersport Championship trophy for 2004.He was a great support to Bryan this season. Also the Melville club dance on 19th Feb. You going to that one ?
cheers,
Stella
19-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why are they all on the same night!! Southern100, Melville and TTSC! A whole cold winter to choose from...
19-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rugby Internationals had a lot to do with when we had ours. Can't get anywhere to stay around here when one of them is at Murrayfield.

Hands up, my choice of dates entirely, sorry,

Di
19-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone going to it, drop me an email as I will be in the area around that time (I think) ??? Would love to meet up with all of you that I know by name but have never met.

May be able to help out with accomodation in the local area if anyone is looking for that.

The place where it is being held, used to be a great bikers meet place in the 60's, called the Mayfield. On the A6 which was the main North/South route on the West side of the country before motorways came into being.

Which begs the question - "what was the the first ~ motorway ~ in the UK ?

There was also another "caf" in Garstang called the Wyre Cafe that used to cater for bikers back then. Anyone remember it ??

Jesus, showing my age now (lol) !!!!!!!!!

20-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

First Motorway Malcolm?

Preston By-Pass was it?

It was a bypass of some sort . . . . . .
20-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Larry, how's tricks ? You going to be across for the Southern again this year with that Beemer. Love the sound of it, but just wish you would let it rev to it's potential.

Hopefully this year, I will have enough time off to be able to "be there" for a change, and enjoy the company of all of those that I know (and don't know).

No long distance assignments as such at the moment, but that could change.

Take Care.
20-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

spot on larry. m6 preston bypass.
cheers, ade!
20-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ade, you rotten sod. Gave it away, straight away. Mind you, you being involved with "transport" you would know.

How are you anyway, hope things are going ok and that you are getting back to how you were before that horrific accident you had ?

Maybe one day we will meet ???
20-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was it not also known as the East Lancs Bypass? I remember travelling down it on the way to the TT in the 70s, and being stuck for hours and hours in torrential rain.
We were in our precious 1950s Riley, on our first trip via Liverpool, and trying to find a transport yard where we had permission to leave the car and cross as foot passengers. We were supposed to follow a route that was guided by three large chimneys in a row, but we could hardly see the chimneys! When we got there, we were so late that the guys had locked the gates. With 10 minutes to spare for the boat, we parked in a lovely space just a hundred yards from the loading area for the ferry. Couldn't believe our luck.
When we came back a week later, in the middle of the night, a fence had been put up around the area, our car was trapped inside and it was a builder's yard for dockside repairs. Took most of the morning to get it back.
20-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helen you are older than you look? we also used it to go to the m/cycle show when it was held at Blackpool....
20-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where on earth is Garstang? ;-)

Mike

PS Di anyone go to either the Ally Pally ones I ran, or maybe the one in my works canteen at Airfix?

Memorable guests of honour.
Ray Pickrell and the wonderful Peter Williams.

I ran those virtually single handed and felt it was some of the best use of my time in my whole life!!
Will always remember Tommy Heron turning up to present to PJ and people like Chris Guy and others now forgotten.

Memories....
20-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that particular incident was 1972?
20-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi malcom, i hope we will meet up one day, look forward to it.
as to me? i feel stronger every day, but right arm still not playing as it should. don't like saying any more, cause every time i do, something happens and i end up on my back again :-]
heart attack turned out to be the trapped nerves in my neck giving me massive chest pain etc. but after tests the old heart is apparently as strong as an oxe's! when the good old nhs send me an appointment for my nerve tests [been waiting since september], then i can start going to physio. till then, sit here and wait for the postman and dream of the start of another season of road racing.
cheers, ade!
20-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

chris guy certainly ain't forgotten, well, not in this household anyway. always been one of my favourite riders who deserved better than he got. was it the number 13 he usually used, or was it just that somebody up there didn't like him?
cheers, ade!
20-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I said forgotten, I was being provocative!

There are one or tow of that era who we no longer hear of. Some still with us, but others not so
lucky.

Mike

20-01-2005, 03:20 PM