Favourite Joey quotes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Favourite Joey quotes
I was reminiscing this evening about the great man, and about some of the marvellous quotes he used to come out with. Two of my favourites are :

"There are bits of it that I like, and bits that I don't like. I kind of go from one bit of like to the next bit of like !" - Trying very hard to explain his brilliance on the TT Course, in 1983.

"That really took a lot out of me, I'm getting too old for this carry-on." - TT 1988. Twelve years later he was still winning trebles !

I'll add some more as I think of them !
20-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Favourite Joey quotes
What about the old favourite?

'Aye'
21-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

David you are very lucky if you can translate them.
21-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When asked about the evil handling SP1 (the same year that Moody sulked about the Fireblade) he just replied 'I'm saying nothing'.
I watched him tank slapping that bike all the way through the Highlander.
21-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good topic David,

suppose one of his many quotes - speaking after his 125 win in 2000 - "the bike went well, I got goin' an that was it" (actually sounded like - "thebikewentwellIgotgoingandthatwasit")

One of my favourite Radio TT quotes was hearing "........and the light is on at Signpost for number three"

Watched the 'Joey' tribute tape last night, still raises the hairs on the back of my neck and miss him dearly
21-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

21-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone has got to have great Joey memories,mine was seeing him and his family having a meal in Harry's cafe in the Old Market hall,my mate Brian said "I'm off to get his autograph " to which we replied."Leave him alone let him have his meal in peace" then when he finished Joey and his family walked out and as one the whole place said,"See yer Joey" With a wave of the hand he was gone,a bit like most people saw him on the course!!!!!!!!!!
21-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh, yes, Harry's...who else still goes there for the Irish breakfast...keep you going all day!
21-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hang on a minute Billy !
I take exception to your comment regarding Jim Moodie "sulking about the Fireblade"
To be fair he stood by his principles that in hindsite, i believe, ultimatly cost him his career in racing and nearly all he owned. Was he right or was he wrong ? Only Jim could answer you that.

cheers,
Stella
21-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hang on a minute Billy !
I was pointing out the contrast.
Joey was riding a bike that could have killed him, he got on with the job and kept his mouth shut.

22-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

No morning practice now, so no going to Harry's afterwards.
Just going to Harry's without having got up at 4 and froze to death for 3 hours wouldn't be the same.
22-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aye, and only those that know Jim, will know what you mean Stella. A man of intergrity and truth and will stand by his beliefs, irrespective of what the public is led to believe.

Such a shame that they do not know just what a great guy he is and the things that he does behind the scenes, but that is the man. Doesn't ask for the publicity at all, but he really does deserve it. If only they knew ????
22-01-2005, 02:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should drop in. You never know who you will meet there.
22-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks malcolm, yes if only they Knew eh ?

cheers,
Stella.
22-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

22-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:favourite Joey quotes
When asked why he messed up his braking point and ran wide at a particular corner,"The girl in the yellow jacket had ****ed off!"
23-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

close mark. it was assen, and the dress was red!
ade!
24-01-2005, 12:51 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

" It's quack through the quack bits" has to be one of his best sayings.
24-01-2005, 02:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

he even sent me a get well soon card! [ta, stella]
ade!
24-01-2005, 03:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jim Moodie
Stella when is Jim writing a book about his
life and career in racing ?????
If its anything like Niall Mackenzie's should be a good read or better !
30-01-2005, 06:12 PM