Anonymous
Unregistered

sea cat rip off
26-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: sea cat rip off
Dont set me off!!

It happens every year and still it wrankles.
I have to say that they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it, but who will stop it?

Mike
MV
26-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

hopefully the same bloke that's doing very cheap crossings to france :-]
ade!
26-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not getting involved with this topic as they will say i am anti-tt but there is other places and cheaper to watch real road racing shhhhhhh.
26-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Curt Stavis.
Perhaps we could try and encourage him. At least he wouldn't have as many dirty tricks from the competition.
26-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You enjoy the Irish action and hospitality then do you Pykey?
26-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

only when he's sober enough to remember where his b and b is. eh, david? drop me a line when your first meeting is and we'll sink one or two and have a rattle. must be 18 months now since we had a get together.
cheers, ade!
26-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont be telling tales out of school Ade but seriously i am glad your getting fitter and looking f/ward to the coming roadrace season. As for me Kells and the Southern are on my plans and besides Scarborough what the pennies will allow?
26-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pykey, is it right that I heard that Baylon buys all your ale when your at Kells?
27-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

James, I have emailed both the Steam Packet Company and David Cretney (Minister of Tourism) to draw their attention to your very valid comments. There are a lot of very good things going on at the moment in relation to the TT, but the costs of travelling to and from the island (and staying here) aren't among them !
27-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

and now to cap a bad week off, i've just found out that the ferry we always go to ireland on [superseacat from liverpool to dublin bay] isn't going to sail at all this season. seems the company decided last november not to run it in 2005. thanks a lot ya bunch of tossers!
ade!
27-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

27-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

David,

with all due respect, dont you think they SHOULD be? We are all being taken for mugs simply because we care and are loyal to the TT!
I know we DO have the choice, but just because wek keep coming, doesnt mean we will keep coming. I for one am rapidly approching the time when the cost is becoming TOO prohibitive! I am rather suprised that we are faced with this response tha t the TT is wonderful and going from strength to strength, oh and the cost of getting here is nothing to do with organisers or Tourist Board! Well, I am sorry but I feel very dtrongly that it IS.
Mike
PS sorry for rant, but somebody pressed the button!!!
27-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

tt has been gr8 over the years but im sad to say there making a right bottom of it buy dropping our pants at the port and nailing our hats on big style,im only going cos of involvement in the classic parade lap and to see mates ive made over there!! since going to the ulster last year and seeing the spectacle that actually is real road racing,with real people,top craic and proper guiness,irish road racings for me now,shame about the tt,dont ya think!!
29-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not directly related but mentioned as I am a Motorcyclist, I live in Saudi Arabia and have just heard that as from 27 March, BA will be suspending their services to this country, purely for "commercial considerations". There were three return flights to both Riyadh and Jeddah weekly and the British community here is devastated. So much for loyalty to our flag carrier. We have been beating our heads against the wall "Flying the Flag", upholding our pride and not running away from terrorists. True, during the quiet seasons, the flights were often less than half full but by dropping one flight a week to each location these flights could have been viable.
Bye-bye to one of our biggest export markets outside Europe and the USA.

Maybe. RICHAR BRANSON would like to step in and also run a ferry business to the IOM!!!!!!

Sorry about the ranting but I do feel better now.
29-01-2005, 03:37 PM