Husaberg?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Husaberg?
Has a Husaberg engine competed in the TT?
Thanks.
28-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Husaberg?
I think may be in the singles race a few years ago.
29-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

bet that sounded awsome on full chat.
ade!
29-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's no mention of Husaberg in the TT Database on the other site.
Having said that someone may well have done the singles TT with a Husaberg engine in a one off or other manufactures frame.
Normally it is the frame that identfies the bike not the engine.
29-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The last and only Husaberg I ever competed against was about five years ago on a motocross track 7,250ft up in the Asir Mountains of southern Saudi Arabia. The rider was a 60 years old Swede and I was a relative youngster, at 58 years but on a 1999 Honda CR125. I could catch up on the twisty and bumpy bits but on a fast straight, the Husaberg disappeared into the dust with the engine thudding away lazily. (or so it seemed compared with a 125 two-stroke having its neck wrung, screaming up through the gears).

I always wanted to try one of those fine machines with their fantastic torque and often wondered how the engine would perform on a long distance road circuit, like the IOM Mountain Course.
29-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I own a 02 650fe Husaberg. I "commute" to work during the week super moto style. Then for the weekend throw the nobbles on for some fun on the track or trails in Melbourne. Loads of torque and so so light. (electric start also}

Ive found this pic named "Husaberg Racer"

<A HREF="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/SpikeHammer/HusabergRacer2.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/SpikeHammer/HusabergRacer2.jpg</A>
29-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Melbourne scene
Hi Lee, we will be in sunny Melbourne at the beginning of March for the Commonwealth shoot. Is there a biking area of town or any events on at that time?
29-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Melbourne scene
There's a wee track called Philip Island about 1 and a half hours away from the city. You will miss the WSB round on April 3rd? but u might catch a race on the dates you are here?

How about going to see some indoor freestyle motocross in the city's Rod laver Arena. The yanks are coming. Metal Mulisha 28th March.

Rent yourself a bike and go a run down the coast...?

Oh, thats right The F1 GP is on 3-6th March in the city centre.

To be honest you will find something. Mail me if you need a hand to organise something?

29-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Melbourne scene
Bill, if you can get hold of some bikes make sure you do the "Great Ocean Road". My TT mates have done it a couple of times, but only by car. They reckon it's a great ride. It's where the 12 apostles are and it travels west from Melbourne.
31-01-2005, 10:03 AM