New look Isle of Man TT set to be a Cracker.
Anonymous
Unregistered

New look Isle of Man TT set to be a Cracker.
Read the lastest release from the Department of Tourism and Leisure by clicking on the link below.

Press Release Here
29-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: New look Isle of Man TT set to be a Cracker.
Great to see everyone positive this year and the six laps back again.
Did anything happen about the paddock and public access, as that seemed
to be a fertile area for complaint and mushrooms in the last couple of years?
It was something about jackboots, petty officiousness and lack of facilities.
There was also some disquiet about the non-issue of press passes to long
standing members of the media and TT supporters?
Don't wish to rake over the ashes, but these things are important for teams
and the people who report the event.
30-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see that Paul Phillips and Richard Quayle are now down as rider RECRUITMENT officers rather than rider LIAISON officers, as announced, so theyve had a change of job already !!!!!!
30-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interstingly, Neil Hanson did not rule out the return of other classes. His words were, to the effect of, if Europe clamp down on 1000cc machines, they will look at running 'other' classes again. Don't sell the 400s yet lads!
30-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Presumably the organisers dont want LIAISON (noun)definition " To communicate between groups" with the riders cos they might well found out things they didnt really want to know !!!! LOL
30-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our official title is Team and Rider Liaison Officers. Amongst our duties is Rider Recruitment. I hope this answers your question.

Paul
30-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

So Ammo and others take an immediate opportunity to knock Milky and Paul Phillips. Milky and Paul did an excellent job at the weekend, and there is a definite "buzz" around preparations for the 2005 TT. Please encourage them do their job to the best of their ability, give them a bloody chance. I take Ammo's remarks fairly personally since I spent 17 years as riders representative. No one ever said to me (nor did I hear a whisper in my shell like ear) that the riders rep was not approachable. Some of you should consider the work load of riding in 4 or 5 races at the TT AND attending most of the jury meetings on behalf of riders who were having a moan, some legitimate, some not.Paul and Milky are not riding, and therefore will be able to dedicate ALL their time and knowledge to the job in hand.
Let's see more positive remarks about the future of the best motor cycling event in the world bar none.
31-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn’t read anything untoward with Ammo’s replies, in fact they look more in fun than anything, I thought.
31-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nick, it would appear that you havent read it properly. Nowhere in my comments does it say anything about the riders REPRESENTATIVE, but about the riders LIAISON officers and riders RECRUITMENT officers, which now appear to be one and the same thing, although in the official announcement made some time ago it was merely stated that Paul Philips and Richard Quayle were purely riders LIASON officers and a LIAISON officers job is, as its name implies, to LIASE,ie to communicate, presumably between riders and the organisers, but, as Ive stated, if that happened then the organisers wouldnt want to know the riders opinions anyway, they didnt last year when an umpteen thousand name petition was handed to them regarding dropping the 125, 250 and 400's, why change the habit of a lifetime?

So tell me again Nick, why do you take these remarks personally when it clearly doesnt mention anything to do with your job.

I hope Paul and Milky do a good job, but, somehow, I dont really think LIASING will come into it very much, with the riders as a whole.
31-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quite right Harry, in fun but with a general element of truth LOL
31-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ammo

The original media release said -

"Milky and Paul fit this ideal perfectly and will be responsible for liaising with teams and riders, liaising with the entry committee, RECRUITING NEW RIDERS TO THE EVENT and promoting the event at various other road racing meetings during the season."

As for liaising with riders, this is something we are activley doing already with riders of all abilities, from all parts of the world.

It will be impossible to make every one happy, but we will do our best to help everyone involved where we can.

Paul

31-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmm. Maybe a little over reaction on my behalf, I accept.BUT,Ammo, in your second message you clearly make a fairly negative remark, i.e. "presumably riders don't want LIASON(noun) definition " To communicate between groups" with the riders cos they might well find out things they didn't really want to know" As riders representative, my job was to LIASE between riders and the organisers. We are playing around with words here, Representative or liason, they're both under the same umbrella, and your comments imply that riders are not being heard.With the 400/125 issue, we at the riders forum fought like hell to keep the class, but where the riders when it came to getting their entry in?
My main point about your remarks are for you to all remain positive, and optimistic, but by all means define genuine weaknesses in the organisation.I welcome all comments, both positive and negative, but don't be surprised if you get reaction back. That's what this message board is all about.
I apologise Ammo, if you think I over reacted, I just think your remarks do touch on my job. In your final sentence you veer towards the negative again, by stating that "somehow I don't think LIASING will come into it very much, with the riders as a whole". In my opinion, a completely unfair remark, and I ask you again as I stated in my original message, to give Paul and Milky a chance.
OK are we friends now?
01-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

01-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that at first glance the appointment of Milky and Paul may look a little odd to some but when careful consideration is give to it, they are a very good choice. Whilst people like Nick, Nigel Piercy and others did as good a job as possible, given as like Nick said, they also had lots of bikes to set up, it makes sense to use people who are not racing. Milky apart from being a triple MGP winner, TT winner and fairly experienced road racer, is also liked by the powers that be, is no longer racing and based on the Isle of Man, as the MMCC are running the event it makes it alot easier for meetings etc outside TT and MGP, so therefore a VERY GOOD choice.
Paul Phillips whilst having no road race experience of his own, is in touch with almost all road racers, he knows what they want , he also knows who are the people with genuine complaints and those who are just natural born whingers, time wasters, people who make doing this type of job a ball ache for those who give their time and of course who in their whinging make committees less likely to listen to genuine complaints.
I think those two along with a bit of passed on experience from people like Nick , will make excellent Liason, reps, call them what you like.
As Nick pointed out, he and the other reps, spent hours of negotiating, and time trying to keep the 250's 125's etc, but when only 15 125's enter, less than 10 250's is it little surprise that these events are lost for the time being.
So without wanting to rant on, my message is GOOD LUCK Paul and Milky.
Russ
03-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Britten Back At The TT ??
Good post there Russ. Loads of sense said there!
Good man
04-02-2005, 01:52 AM