Britten Back At The TT ??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Britten Back At The TT ??
How would you like to see a Britten back on the TT circuit ?

If you are interested in helping to get one of these glorious bikes back here, then read the story by clicking on the link below.

Read About It Here
03-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Britten Back At The TT ??
It certainly would be wonderful to see and hear the Britten again.

I feel it's worth pointing out that thanks to the short-sightedness of the TT organisers machines like the Britten are EXCLUDED from competing in the TT races.
One off racing specials are NOT allowed in the TT races something which I personally feel is an absolute disgrace.

03-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, if a Britten won, it might affect Honda sales.
04-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wonder if Honda decided to race a big v-twin after Joey rode the Britten in New Zealand?
04-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a personal interest in this one, and incidentally I've just been invited out to New Zealand for the John Britten Memorial Race in March. Cargo, are you sure you're right about specials not being allowed into the TT? Surely the regs for the Senior state," Any machine at the discretion of the race organisers".I had a run in with the organisers in 2002 and this rule was implemented. I accept I could be wrong, and I'm cursing tonight that I haven't got a copy of the regs, but I read a 2005 copy last week whilst at the riders forum on the Island, and I'm sure that I read that line. I will be thrilled to see and hear a Britten at the TT, even if it's only a parade lap.They were great to ride, but for those who recall, a little fragile, that's another story I'll tell one day.
Meanwhile I'm delighted to read such positive remarks from Don Simons, and Russell Henley with regard Milky and Paul Phillips. Let's keep going forward, and let them get on with the job. Everything seems to be shaping up for a super TT
04-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

jesus Bill that might be taking Joey s influence a bit far!
04-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've just read the 2005 TT regs and thankfully I was wrong.
Nick is correct that at the discretion of the race managment team one off racing machines CAN enter the Senior TT. The exact line in the regs reads
" Other machines admitted at the discretion of the Race Management Team"

I wonder would they allow 250s to enter the Senior?
04-02-2005, 06:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quite interesting this one. I reckon you could enter a 250 in the Senior, and as long as you qualified it for the Senior, ( i.e.fastest 80 in practice),you could ride. Anyone want me to check on this with the organisers?

04-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

YES!
04-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please, Nick! Forgot my manners there!
04-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking forward to seeing the Britten, have never seen anything so fast coming into a corner and leaving it successfully. Can they do a lap each race day????????????
04-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wonder where the Shaun Harris would have finished in the 1996 Senior if the elctric roller starters were allowed then? They must have lost long minutes trying to start the thing at both pit stops, I think they had to let it roll down Bray Hill on its second stop to get it going again.
He got as bigger cheer as the winners when it finished!
05-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The documentry which followed the design and first races of the Britten is one of my favourites.
If you haven't see it, its a must.
05-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, and we still have copies for sale! When we hit NZ in March we will be checking on the progress of a follow up programme that has been long years in the making. Hope to meet you down there Nick, will you be getting a chance to reaquaint yourself with the bike?
05-02-2005, 02:04 PM