Happy Birthday
Anonymous
Unregistered

Happy Birthday
Many happy returns to the amazing Sir Norman Wisdom, 90 today, and due to put on his final performance this evening, before retiring.
His interest in the Manx and TT are genuine, and he is a national treasure.
Hope he has a wonderful day.
04-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Happy Birthday
If you look in the ladies section of this website, you will find a photograph of the great man, with someone his own size, who we all know rather well!
04-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

and some may not know where to look for the link........Helen can you paste it to a posting ?

Yes have a great day Norman !
04-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

<A HREF="http://www.ttwebsite.com/ladies/profiles/gmusson/">http://www.ttwebsite.com/ladies/profiles/gmusson/</A>
04-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Norman Wisdom, as a comedian, he is without doubt one of the greatest, if he had been a motorcycle racer, he would have been a world champ, cos he is simply the best in his chosen career. Norman, enjoy to day, you have brought many laughs to our house, and you know what they say, laughter is the best medicine.
04-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Baylon once again we are both in complete agreement :-)

Happy birthday Sir Norman, you are one in a million !!!

cheers,
Stella x
04-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies In Racing
Oh dear, I am so sorry that I have left that link off the site, please excuse me girls. I have reinstated it now on the left hand side panel. It goes back to the very early days of TTwebsite and was and still is in early format, so please excuse if it doesn't work correctly for the moment. I will sort it out, I promise.

All of you ladies deserve as much recognition for what you do as any other rider and if there is any lady out there who wants to submit her "profile" then I will be only too pleased to put it on the site.

Malcolm
05-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Ladies In Racing
Well done Malcolm.
As the beautiful young Irish dancer said,
"Flatley will get you everywhere!"
05-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don is Beryl Swain who raced 50'S still alive?
05-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, Pykey, I have no record of Beryl, except of course that she was the first solo woman
competitor at the TT on a 50cc Itom. (1962)
There is mention of her racing in the UK in the 50s, as you said, in a Hertfordshire news article.
Hilary, who raced more recently, may have more info.
I was reading where, at one time, women were banned from international motorcycle racing -
is that true?
05-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The T.T.R.A have been trying to find Beryl Swain for years with no sucess, she faded from the scene & has never been seen again. As for women banned from international motor cycle racing wasn't it introduced after the tragic accident involving Jaque Drion & Inge Stoll in a sidecar race in the mid 50's?
06-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

06-02-2005, 02:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was at Hillberry in the early 60's and there was a incident with a lady s/car passenger up at Brandish, i think it was the Lamberts a Swiss crew?
06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has Sir Norman ever started a TT race (not riding, dropping the flag I mean !!)........

If not do you think the powers that be might let him in 2005 actually start a race..
06-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's a great idea! Or a Manx
06-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now theres a good idea, i would really love to see that, come on get a petition going!!!!
06-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Email the Minister of Fun!
06-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When there was a delay before the Senior MGP a couple of years ago, Sir Norman entertained the waiting riders, officials and spectators at the Grandstand with his antics whilst a loose mutt was rounded up in Kirk Michael!
I understand he used to race on the grass at Brands Hatch in his youth, as did Bernie Ecclestone and Murray Walker.
06-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

you learn a bit every day!, i remember my mates telling me about Norman that day, but i was at Ramsay!, so i missed it.lets hope something can be done
06-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, should we have a ballot vote on here for this ? You tell me and if you want one I shall arrange for that to be done. Maybe they will take notice of the result, maybe they will not, but who knows ?
07-02-2005, 12:04 AM