Sporting Hero
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sporting Hero
I have to say if anyone was to say 'who is your
sporting hero' I'd have to say Ellen MacArthur
for her tremendous solo trip around the world.
What guts and determination she has.
But also I wouldn't forget the guts and
determination of those who have ended up injured
badly and comeback to any sport to prove that it
can be overcome.
I certainly willn't forget Joey was a hero too.
09-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sporting Hero
I've read some jealous remarks about Ellen's success, over on other sites. People saying they they could do it if they had the same "millions" thrown at them, unlimited backup support, etc.
No own can detract from the fact that she achieved her goal, with honours.
Reminds of that plucky little lass who did so well on a certain island, last year!!
10-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, and noone threw millions at her either! Have you seen her record on athletics recently...she's a wee star, but a very bright one.
Ellen, well, millions or no millions, I couldn't go for 71 days without a decent kip, in my own bed, and to fight, alone against the storms round the Horn etc...let them show us how good they are then!She is a superstar!
10-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I cannot believe the jerks who have belittled her efforts on the sea! Its puts me in mind of the people who used to ctiticise SMB, saying he gor on cos of his dads money at Kings of Oxford!
Once you have the tools, in any wlak of life, you still have to use them!!
Stanley Michael Bailey.... a very special man.

Mike
10-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I watched the interview with Ellen on tv last night,and I don't care what sort of modern technology she had on board that yacht,she was on her own out there in unbelievably difficult,scary conditions.A superhuman if ever there was one.Well done girl
10-02-2005, 12:25 PM