MotoGp - "racing incident?"
Anonymous
Unregistered

MotoGp - "racing incident?"
I was very suprised that there were no comments on here this morning, about yesterdays last lap of the MotoGp race?

Mike
11-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MotoGp - "racing incident?"
i thought it was very fair, to be honest. if you slow your video right down you can lip read valentino saying "excuse me sete" as he comes through. :-] :-]
ade!
11-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I, too, was surprised that there were no comments about a certain rider in the BSB race yesterday,bringing motorcycle racing down to football level.
Two weeks on the run!
Accidents will happen in racing, but getting up and attacking another competitor is not very sportsmanlike, espeially when the event is being watched on TV by masses of racing fans all over the country.
Surely there should be some sort of reprimand for such behaviour,even the Marshals appeared to be manhandled as well.
As Peter Kneale always said "In sport be a sport"
11-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't think Valentino's "pass" more like a barge WAS fair. He got past once, fair enough, twice, absolutely brilliant, but the third and final move was from too far back in my opinion, and did not constitute a fair pass. Getting away with that move will just encourage more dangerous riding. Dangerous overtaking was banned I believe in British Touring Car Championship, and I think those kind of manoeuvres should be banned in motorcycle racing, even if we are all on the edge of our seats watching.What about the move Capirossi made on Harada abvout three or four years ago? Similar move, and I think he was reprimanded.
There, I'm sure everyone will agree with me.Not!!
11-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rossi's move was late, but I have to admit it was brilliant, ok Gibernau may not think so but racing is racing and its a long, long time since we saw real hard racing at that level. My personal opinion for what its worth was that it was a safe move, had it been at a fast corner then it would not be safe and he shold have been severly dealt with, but at a slow hairpin I don't see anything wrong with a bit of a shove, afterall Gibernau should not have left the door slightly ajar knowing that the greatest and hardest gp rider of all time was crawling all over his back. ;-)
Russ
11-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well! You all mafe up for it, didnt you?!
You will have noticed that in my original post, I offered no comment of my own!
I wanted time to mull it over.
My problem here is being objective about it.
I am such A Vali fan, it just may cloud my judgement.
I was , like everyone watching, on the edge of my seat and in total awe of thias great rider.(Surely the greatest since SMBH?)
The way he fought back and kept control was quite simply brilliant. However, if i di g deep, a part of me is not totally happy with what happened. How would I have felt if Sete had done it to Vali? Hmm, dont know.
But the consensus seems to be (especially amongs riders and ex riders) that it WAS a "racing incident"
I dont think we have heard the last.
I am interested ( as ever) to hear the comments of ridesr and ex riders in here, too.

As for the Thruxton incident? I didnt see it and dont know what happened.
Incidentally, I have lived within 5 miles of Thruxton for 2 years and not been able to get there yet!

12-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It would seem to me that they BOTH were a bit late on the brakes and ran into the corner too deep.
By the time Rossi hit Sete they were both well off line so I can't help but feel that Rossi didn't knock Sete off line as he was already way off the racing line.

Whether or not it was "fair" is not important in my mind. It was one of the most exciting last laps I've seen for a long time and will help to maintain spectator interest for much of the rest of the season there's nothing like a bit of bitter rivalary to liven up a race.

Sete did seem to be making a big deal of his "sore arm" did Rossi then not also have a sore arm?

Alls fair in love and war and carpark racing.
Before too much longer they'll kiss and make up.
12-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Apart from anything else it showed how much Rossi is still up for it. A lot of riders would have settled for 2nd at this stage of the season.
The commentators reckoned Rossi was arrogant on the podium but I thought it was great the way he dealt with the boos.
12-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think Sete will be doing any kissing and making up, Cargo!!

Mind you - slow hairpin, last lap, Valentino up your chuff - what do you do?

Ditch-hook all the way round and make him go the long way, that's what.

Sete left him a space wide as a barn door to go through.

It was his own bloody fault.

And as for the "poorly pup" waving of the "injured" arm . . . . . . .

No further comment needed.

On the home front at Thruxton, I never knew Frostie was such a brat!!
12-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Comments from Two female Sete and Valentino fans down under. Rossi was determined to win that race at any cost. We believe he was a bit naughty, definately out of control, al beit slightly. We were disappointed in his agressiveness but what a spectacle. Cannot wait until Sunday, unlike many others I bet. Don't think Sete's shoulder would be all that bad. Gotta feel sorry for the guy though.
12-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with you totally Nick. In fact, if he had not hit Gibernau he would have, at the speed and the line he was on would not have turned the corner. Brilliant rider, but a dodgy move and worse than Tamada did a couple of years back and he was reprimanded. If it had been the other way around I think the hand bags would have been swung about after lol.
17-04-2005, 04:26 AM