What a sad..
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a sad..
person I am. It's lashing rain here, so I was watching the webcam on the Sea Terminal, hoping for a glimpse of Barry or Ago, driving their taxis round the roundabout. No sign, and it's tipping it down there too. There was one lonely pedestrian, but he's sheltering in the bus shelter now!!
<A HREF="http://www.gov.im/tourism/webcam/Webcam.aspx">http://www.gov.im/tourism/webcam/Webcam.aspx</A>
17-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What a sad..
Oh my God!
Where's Bushy's tent gone?
18-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Better it's rain now as during TT!
Michael
18-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes the weather here is really rubbish and sorry to say no point in watching out for me in a Taxi anymore as I now work for Tesco in a Dot.Com Delivery Van easier to spot than a Taxi Roll On TT 2005 both entry,s have been accepted in the Junior Races Stay Safe Irish Ago......
18-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

WHAT! I can't get a lift in a Tesco van! Look forward to seeing you soon, Ago
18-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Mr AgoMurphy,

I ordered my shopping three weeks ago. As you know I live in Peel, so will you please stop turning right at Ballaraine and bring my healthy food.

Yours Sincerely

Fitz.

HAHA
18-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What a sad part 2
"B and Q get a yacht round the world, a trip of 27,354 miles in 72 days.
Where's the kitchen I ordered from them 96 days ago from their branch warehouse 13 miles away."

I hope Tescos aint that slow !!
Not with AGO at the wheel, I bet.

Good evening and best wishes, Mr Murphy, I'm all booked up. Two Weeks !!

I will see you and the rest of you SOON.

Any course changes since 2004, anybody tell me please ??

I'm interested to know what "they" were doing to the section from Bishopscourt onwards for about half a mile ?? Surface or widening ?
18-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TTroad works........
You're having a laugh ! Bishopscourt, road widening ! The fields may look like they are now
a run off area but somehow I don't think they'll widen the road ! Don't spoil the TT course I say,
especially the Kerrowmoar to Ramsey section !
There has been lots of trees down in certain areas
ie the TT access road, Gorse Lea, Ballaspur, Glen Helen, BishopsCourt, Sulby, Ginger, Kerrowmoar,
Lezayre. The clear up is still going on and some resurfacing, at the stretch to Braddan, Greeba Bridge, approach to Handleys, approach to Parliament Square Ramsey, to name a few !
Be nice to think we could have some wonderful
weather to go with it for a change !
Roll on TT !
19-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Funny how rumours start !! I'm sure "he" said BISHOPSCOURT !

Thank you Gail for your expert appraisal and report..I wonder how many other TT riders are aware of what you have related and do the changes make much difference !!

In the good old (70s-80s-90s) days I used to attach a Ferguson (then a Sony) Video Camera to the roofrack of my car, do a lap, then show the result to the "lads" in the Dougie Bay (then the Hilton). Two of the best we did were with dear Steve Hislop and Liz Skinner !!

I still have them.........................

It is quite surprising what we learnt from this sort of lap....
19-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

By heck I USED TO BEAT Liz SKINNER !
Wish she was still racing now, would love to have raced against her at MGP.
19-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aye, Liz liked the "roads" but did have a certain mainland circuit lap record for a while. Now Mrs Roberts with son Tom, still seen at events but nor racing anymore.

She did a very good commentary on the lap which was concise and full of information.

Steve "assumed" the listener to his lap, knew the course as well as he did, but it still makes a great lap.
20-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for that info.....we did wonder if she did
marry Eddie. Where do they live now?
20-04-2005, 11:27 PM