Playstation game?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Playstation game?
So, do we get this game plopping on our doormats over the next day or two?
I certainly hope so!
I am almsot as excited about that as I am about the real thing! Well maybe not!!

On the real thing, I cannot belive that the buzz is still the same after all these years!
I first stepped foot on that hallowed ground, bang in the middles of morning practice! I can still hear thw Hondas and MVs going around, even before we docked! Happy days.
Since then, I have visited as often as finances and new children would allow!
So many great memories.
So many centred on the Sulby Glen Hotel!
The centre of my TT inuverse!
As I am staying the whole fortnight in a cottage close to Sulby Bridge, I fully intedn to enjoy the visit.
One highlight for me last year was just a simple walk, less than a mile, from the cottage to the bridge corner.
It was a beautiful sunny day (even at 7 am) as I arrived at this famous TT corner.
I sat on the marshalls seat and just soaked up the atmosphere! As I did, I thought of all the famous men, and women, who had negotiated that bend. It was alomso spiritual and encapsulated the whole Island "thingyness"
I am looking forward to rolling off the ferry and travelling around the course to Sulby on saturday 28th May.
As I drive up the Ballahutchin, I shall know I am there again!
Mike
28-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Playstation game? Its here!!
Sorry I was late back from lunchbreak!!
The popstman brought me the game today.
First impressions are "awesome!"

I knew from the previews that the mountain course is broken up into stages which have to be completed in a set time. So , I have only got as far as Braddan! But, I staye on te bike at a reasonable speed! Simply amazing!
Next I had a dabble on a 125 round Billown. Gulp!
How many times did I wheelie of the back??
Its all so realistic! Complete with bird song.
If you end up the w rong way round, the brake key allows you to paddle backwards!
I will get so much pleasure from this, I can see.
Looking forward to other comments?

Mike
28-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Amazon tell me mine is on its way...just one small problem...I haven't got a playstation...I bought it for my grandson Jake's birthday!
28-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aye a likely story Helen, tell me, how old is Jake now ???
29-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Having played the game alittle more last night (little??) I am having mixed reactions.
Firstly, the game itself is every bit as much fun and absorbing as I expected!
Its a bit frustrating having to unclock stages before you can go on and you cant revisit "unlocked" stages until the whole thing is done.
If your rider has an accident, the results are far too realistic and its hard for a regular like me to now feel it!!
One stage begins at the chapel at Barragarow, on the spot where we came across that awful fatal accident, last year. Feels strange.
After avery good start, the third section is hard to recognise until you rush into a very realistic Kirkmichael.
So, not perefct, but brilliant all the same!
I have also had fun trying to control
a) a sidecar ouitfit
and
b) a 1000cc solo,
around the Billown course!
My opinion?
Hours of entertainment if you are not too critical of some of the deatail.
Amazing realism and control of the bikes.
Give it a go!!

Mike
29-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heehee...yes, if I can find a playstation to borrow, and someone to show me how to work it, I'll road test Jake's pressie for him. He'll be 8 the Monday after the TT.
His big sister, Louise will be 13 this year, and they will both be at the Southern with me (and hopefully this time their accident-prone Mum will accompnay them!)
Last year, Greg Lambert gave the kids his trophies from the Southern100. When Mary was expecting Louise, I missed my second race at the S100 going to hospital with her after she had a fall in the paddock (sounds like a horse story!!!lol!)She was ok after a night in the Jane Crookall, but the Lamberts insisted she stay with them and have a proper bed rather than roughing it in the tent. We had never had a chance to thank them and introduce them to Louise until last year. Isn't Greg a treasure? Jake had already decided Guy was his hero, so now he has 2...Louise, being a hardened S100 supporter, has dozens.
Our sport, with all it's excitement, and at times, tragedy, is such a family thing. Can't wait to see everyone.
29-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

so can you ride a full lap / race with out stopping or am i b e thick ?
29-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have to work through the stages and unlock them. So, for some time, all you cam do is repeat one stage, which IS a bit laborious. Some parts of the game cannot be used until you clear all the sections. As far as I cam tell, using Mad Sunday mode (which I am not fussed about and not even sure its a sensible thing to have!) is not possible until you win a race! Long way off for me!
But forget the gripes and try it!
The excitement of finishing that first section is worth it.
You have to get from the start to somewhere about Union Mills (went too fast to be sure where!) in some 1 minute 15 seconds! The plummet down Bray to achice that is very real....!
29-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When you get to the bottom Bray, Mike, can you see me marshalling there? Lol!
29-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

At that speed, all I can see is my life flashing past!
But, can you get the car moved near Agos leap!
Its bonnet is sticking out and I have hit it twice!!

Mike
MV
29-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know there is always trouble with that lot.
An older marshall told me of one year when a "lady" demanded that she be allowed to take her car out between races, to go to M&S, as they had run out of sausages for the BBQ.
When he refused (surprisingly!!!)she stormed off into her house to report him to the Chief Constable. As the said gentleman was currently standing at the bottom of Bray, she must have had difficulty reaching him, and the marshall is still trembling in his boots awaiting further action.....
29-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hazards on the course.
Watch out for Barney the dog, near Kirkmichael, and of course, stray wallabies, particularly near Gorselea. Sadly the Gorselea pheasant is no more, but the marshalls there are a cheery lot!
I wonder if the new grandad there has ordered a playstation game for young Harry..
29-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hazards on the course.
Lol.
So much local knowledge!
Playing this game has got me gagging for being there!

I am hoping that somebody else is playing the playstation verison, so that we can compare notes!
29-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harry at 8 months is showing more interest in flying than in bikes. Still, I may be able to look forward to cheap flights in my retirement if he follows his current career choice.
29-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

29-04-2005, 10:51 PM