Wigan Ath
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wigan Ath
Due to an earlier thread concerning the mighty Wigan Athletic , just to let let you all know we are in the premier league we are here to stay....beware of the piemen.

Cant wait till June either , got a feeling that this TT is gonna be be a cracker , see you all there !!!

09-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Wigan Ath
Next year Champions League? If we can do it, anyone can. Smile
09-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations Wigan you made many Norwich city supporters happy on sunday by relegating Ipswich to the play offs.I just hope we will be playing you next year.Delia should offer to cook the Fulham team an Indian meal on Saturday night
09-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Champions league.....even when i was drunk last night , i didnt think that hehe

Only to pleased to be of service to Norwich best team we played last season hope you stay up.....

Sorry for the non bike thread but im in a state of euphoria.
09-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its bad enough having football in here, let alone such minnows!

Mike
(MV)
Arsenal season ticket holder and football snob!

Oh, er well done Wigan
09-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

hehe , Mike im just pleased that we are in the same league as you.....see you at Highbury ( when is the new stadium open ? )
09-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

re Everton FC
While we are on the subject.. Big Congratulations to Pykey`s club Everton you really do deserve your 4th place this season !

We will just have to win Champions league now ;-)

cheers,
Stella
09-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have one more full season at the old cathedral. It will be a sad day. Bit like the TT going to the Isle of Wight!
I am glad for you that you will get to visit our "garden shed!" (Sunderland used to sing "my garden shed is bigger than this!")

09-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

as long as derby follow you up i'm not bothered. after all we took 4 points off you and knocked you out of the fa cup :-]
ade!
09-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the 3-1 yesterday (not that we needed it like).
09-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good grief a football team I've heard of. My Dad was a Derby fan when I was a little girl...and Billy Wright played for them...and he was married to Joy Beverley...and none of you have ever heard of them...oh, wen ah wer a lass...
09-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sunderland
Don't forget Sunderland...

They have also done well this year--

look out Chelsea next season !
09-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helen
I think you will find that Billy Wright played for Wolverhampton Wanders and yes he was married to Joy one of the Beverly sisters.If I'm wrong I apologise must be having a senior moment
10-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Billy Wright (ex Arsenal) and Joy Beverley?! I didnt know you were THAT old!!!

Mike
10-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I sadi Billy Wright, ex Arsenal, I meant as manager, of course.

<A HREF="http://www.thewolvessite.co.uk/bwright.htm">http://www.thewolvessite.co.uk/bwright.htm</A>

Mike
10-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: re Everton FC
Thanks Stella all achieved with the little cash so EUROPE here we come. PS: HE HAS RED HAIR BUT WE DONT CARE.
10-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Wigan in todays paper
Todays "Independent" gives a few pages to Wigan, and tells us of the other famous people from Wigan, headed by No Limit Star George Formby, late actor Roy Kinnear, Author James Hilton, Knight Sir Ian McKellen, presenter Kay Burley, Verves Richard Ashcroft and Trade Unionist Joe Gormley.

Also does anyone know where Uncle Joes Mint test tickles factory is in Wigan ???
Picture in paper today !!!

Finally, Rene Zellweger has married today......

B****R !!!!!!
10-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep , Uncle Joes is situated on King St West , just a little bit on from the infamous Pemps nightclub....not much to look at the mmmmmmm best mints in the world !!!!

10-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

ahemmm , correction i meant Dorning St , end of King St West turn right.......excuse me ive only lived in Wigan 35 years....hehe
10-05-2005, 04:18 PM