Pre TT First Race
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pre TT First Race
The first race went ahead as planned in very blustery weather, with riders finding it difficult to hold the same line through any part of the course on consecutuve laps. Fortunately the rain held off.

Class 1 (175cc - 250cc)

Paul Coward
Dave Spencer
Mervyn Stratford

All on Greeves Silverstones

Class 2 (251cc - 350cc)

Bill Swallow
Derek Whalley
Luke Notton *

* denotes Newcomer.
28-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Pre TT First Race
Well done that newcomer...don't know anything about him..do you?
28-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

by the way...
Just got my copy of Classic Racer...postie's very late on a Saturday..and there he is"Luke Notton". definitely an ace in the classic style.
Also featured .. some bikes you will like, Malcolm, and a picture of a rather younger Eddie Toombs!
There's a fantastic article about fahron, with mention of the legendary and still much missed Bill or Willie Logan, a true one-off, and unforgetable character.
I hope Malc Wheeler reads this, as I'd love a free sub! (Be a shame for Brian at The Magazine Man, though!)
28-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: by the way...
Luke Notton's been around in Classic racing for quite a number of years, Helen, but I dont recall hearing of him doing any roads stuff before, only short circuits, though he may have done Scarborough in the past.
28-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: by the way...
Luke notton is one of the top classic racers in the uk and europe and he is riding one of the best bikes (John Oldfields top spec walmsley 7R). He has done a load of road racing on the conitinent at chimay and mettet where he usually gains excellent results along with the other newcomer phil sharp who was dicing with john loder before his bike seized. These two riders coming to billown show how the events popularity continues to increase.
31-05-2005, 02:11 PM