Sandra Barnett
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sandra Barnett
Can anyone remember how long it's been since Sandra Barnett lapped at 110?
04-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sandra Barnett
In the Junior TT of 1997 she set the fastest ever lap by a lady rider at 114.87
05-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm pretty sure Sandra was the first woman to lap the TT course at over 110. Which year did that happen?
I have a feeling it's 10 years ago this year or maybe next?
Maria Costello has lapped at over 110 too, are they the only two? That's some speed!
05-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Kate Parkinson has done around 111 or 112 on her 250 a few years ago. People forget how good Kate was at the TT. The speeds she did would have won an MGP only a few years ago!! I think that of all the women that have raced on the TT course either at MGP or TT, Sandra is certainly the quickest 'rider', Maria has the quickest lap ever albeit on a quicker bike and the up and coming 'quick chick' ( she won't thank me for that phrase) is Carolynn Sells. With Maria switching to the 400's this year it will be a head to head battle between Maria and Carolynn to see if either can become the first female to stand on the MGP podium. Carolynn came very close in 2003 finishing 4th in the 00 newcomers race. Also in contention for the first female to stand on the podium could be Gail Musson, if the MMCC decide to have the first 125 finisher in the 125/400 race on the podium like they did at the TT when the 400's ran with the 250's.Good luck to all three of them in their quest.
Cheers
Russ
05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought that when you raced at the TT you were not allowed to then race at the Manx.
05-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

As of this year ANYONE who competes in the TT races cannot compete in the Manx grand Prix, except in the classic races. Before this year riders were allowed to compete in the Production TT races and the Manx Grand Prix Races. Don't ask me why that rule was in place but it was. So now its TT or MGP no doing both. MGP any day for me ;-)
Russ
05-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

with regard to the first female to stand on the podium, I think you will find that was Rose Hanks in the chair with her brother in law Norman Hanks riding
06-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

But that would be the TT, we are only talking about the Manx. I think Julia Bingham got on there at the TT as well didn't she with husband Dennis?
Cheers
Russ
06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sandra had a brilliant 1996 TT, (that was the first year I had heard of her. She won a national 600 race beating Phil Platter at Mallory Park and I followed her after that.)
Check out her TT race times on her 250, 600 and 750. (she had a 900 too!!!???!!)
Would she have won a Manx with those times?
Maria's one fast lap was ace but Sandra was a bit special.
06-06-2005, 11:27 PM