Phil Stewart
Anonymous
Unregistered

Phil Stewart
Please can anyone tell me about the progress of Phil (shorty) Stewart - I understand he crashed out of the Superstock race at Glentramman with suspected arm injuries. An update on his condition would be appreciated.
Sue
07-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Phil Stewart
Sue heard late last night that he was in Nobles Hospital and was either under going or was to have an operation on his arm.Will let you know if we hear any more,a lot of people have been in touch asking after him.The accident is mentioned on another site, he was involved with another racer at Glentramman and was apparently hit by the bike.

cheers,
Stella
07-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Stella I have left a message on Phil's mobile hoping that someone will reply.
Did I see Bryan spectating at Croft on Sunday?
07-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all

I was watching at Glentramman and the accident happened just around the corner from where I was. Paul Duckett, Phil Stewart and Carl Rennie passed me in that order in very close formation. From what I can gather, though please don't take this as 100% accurate, Paul got highsided and the bike hit Phil who was tucked in behind him - I think the footpeg has done the damage to Phil's arm. After the race, Paul's bike was in the gateway at Glentramman but Phil's bike was about 400 yards down the road towards Lezayre without a scratch on it (no damage to the fairing, screen etc) so I don't think he actually fell off. It looks like he got hit by the bike, hurt his arm and pulled up just a bit further down the road.
07-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also spoke to Les (Shand) today and he was off to visit Shorty at Nobles - he told me that he was having an operation on his arm so when I next speak to Les I'll find out a bit more for you.

Phil
07-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes well spotted Sue, hope they were behaving ? ha ha ;-)
They were actually down helping his pal Tony in the Superstock Cup and stayed over on the saturday night to watch the racing on sunday.
Really enjoyed themselves, full marks to Croft for another good meeting.

cheers,
Stella
07-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Phil didn`t want to bother Les so that would be most appreciated.

cheers,
Stella
07-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all, Just got text from Les

"he got out today back for redress thursday he said broken rib is sorest"

So thats good news, will pass on good wishes to shorty.

cheers,
Stella
07-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all was seriously worried when Shorty went missing yesterday he is a friend & rides with the help of Roy Shirlaw whos stays with my family so you can understand our concern . Paul Dickett basically went under Shorty , highsided his bike flipped up & came down on Shortys throttle arm he somehow managed to pull the bike up . Parked ti got off & then went for assistance . He was helicoptered to nobles where they operated last night he had muscle & tendon damage but no breakage on the arm although a rib was broken . He was a very very lucky guy to get away with it at Glentramman as was Paul Duckett who also has arm injuries but is ok .
Saw Shortys bike today & there is not a mark on it . Just glad they are both ok .
07-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks everyone for your response so glad the lovely little guy from Rothienorman is not too badly injured.

08-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes shaun thanks, glad all is well he may be "short" but he is one tough cookie thats for sure.
On a seperate note i heard on manx radio the other day that Roy Shirlaw was 50 ! where have the yrs gone ?

cheers,
Stella
08-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was with shorty this evening he is fine but delicate trying to get flights home for him there is no place like home when you feel like not good , Paul Duckett who was the rider who bike he hit or should i say hit him came & apologised . Yes Roy was 50 on Saturday we had a party at my house which was well attended Shorty & mechanic Robbie as well as Dave Leach & his wife Bekkie & TM Keith Trubshaw & long ago racer from up north Jim Andersen whom used to stay with us a good night had by all . Shaun
09-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Happy birthday Roy!
Sorry to have missed the chance to publicise this great anniversary, and take the mickey, young 'un! Best wishes from Helen, Mary, Louise and Jake, to one of our favourite people
09-06-2005, 11:25 AM