Thoughts and Comments on This Years TT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thoughts and Comments on This Years TT
So there we have it, it is over for another year. So what do all of you think about the new format ?

With only "Showroom" bikes being out there has it satisfied the real TT fans ?

Do you want real race bikes back out there ?

Do you want the strokers back ?

The sight and sound of the bygone era full race bikes was surely a sight to behold (and listen to), will we ever see their likes again around the mountain ?

Have Milky, Paul Phillips and Chris Kinley now become involved with something that perhaps could drag the TT into the modern world and let us see this event become what it used to be ? (if they are allowed ??????).

Personally, I thought the crowds were down, the racing while fast and as exciting as ever, still seemed to lack something for me for some reason.

The radio coverage from the Railway was good, the Chat show at the Villa went down well and Chris Kinley gets better at it every time I hear him.

Have we a new breed of stars coming through ? Guy Martin came over great in every interview and have us all laughing (pigeons at dawn - what the hell did that mean ??, never mind sucking rabbits out of hedges !!!!!!), Martin Finnegan surely a man for the future, Ryan Farquhar on the MSS bikes while only managing one win this year is certain to be up there for a long time to come, Richard Britton with so much bad luck, could have have had a great TT if it had only been a little different. Chris Palmer, the 125cc man, can he take it up another gear next year on the bigger bikes and get in there with the top 5 ? And, can McGuinness sustain his superiority at the TT ?

When will we ever see the TT live over the internet ? It is not difficult, it takes organisation and someone to spend some money to do it. There are thousands all over the world who tune in to the various websites to get their "fix" and try every year to tune in to a radio station that is constantly over subscribed to their live coverage. Why can it not be done ???

Oh well, the Southern comes next in 4 weeks or so and then the MGP after that. Thank God I will be on the Island to see them first hand. I will try to provide all of you around the world who listen in with some live updates for both of them, if work will permit me to do so.

Take care all of you, and many thanks for the postings of appreciation. Just sorry that I could not provide you with more info and pics as there are many different constraints upon me this year, work being one of them.

Malcolm.
11-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Thoughts and Comments on This Years TT
I know what was missing - sound.
11-06-2005, 03:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Malcolm as you say 4weeks to the Southern and maybe this year i will buy you a pint,i will be the grey haired old codger with the JD'S cap probably at the paddock first practice Mon evening.
11-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I came over this year with a truly open mind....

It has been both exciting and sad so that has not changed, but something has to be done to make the classes of racing different. As Mick Chatterton observed, it was like seeing one race over and over. Could starting numbers be different each race for instance ? worked out on leaderboard positions ?

It was good to be able to see the riders in their awnings instead of them being out of sight.

I'm just home after driving back through the night from Heysham to Reading.

I'll catch up on my sleep and then give my appraisal of TT 2005.

11-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

At first I was very disappointed at the lack of interesting and different types of race machinery. After watching a few races, I did enjoy them very much, as the sheer skill of riders tackling the course made up for lack of fruity exhaust notes and visually unique bikes. The VORTAN was a treat to see and hear in the Senior.
However, I would love to see more classes, more two-strokes, more variety next year please.
The Tourist Trophy aspects of the original concept seems to be well lost; we should set a precedent perhaps, and introduce a fuel economy race with a strong signal thus being sent out to the World, that TT races help the environmental efficiency of ICE motorcycles.
That would grab headlines in mainstream press and media Worldwide as the IoM TT shows the way forward, and also help bring our beloved racing back to a more realistic safety level, where absolute power and speed are not the arbiters.
12-06-2005, 05:59 PM