Sop the TT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sop the TT
The TT should be stopped unless the people in charge stop all the rubbish and lies, why spend loads of cash to be treated like shyt
12-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sop the TT
SOP the TT ? Can you be a bit more specific ?
13-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sop the TT
Colin, you seem to be a little upset, tell us more.

Your distress may well be justified and may, or may not receive some support.
13-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Stop the TT
Interesting points Colin - how many ales had you had before posting them?

The TT will never be stopped whilst there is an abundance of talent willing to take it on. I don't see any problem with entry numbers for this year's TT (save the low figures for the TT superbike) and there are certainly no problems for the Manx. Paul Phillips and Milky don't seem to be having too many problems getting good people interested either.

Don't forget, the IoM government set the laws and whilst the TT remains a huge part of the Manx economy (and heritage) it will remain.

The fans will vote with their feet. Contrary to popular opinion I believe the fan figures have been poor in the last few year (2002 maybe an exception). That though, is not because the fans won't come - it is because the TT is very poorly marketed. Where do you see the adverts in young peoples magazines (e.g., FHM, maxim) or the national press offering extreme motor sport entertainment and party atmosphere? Those that market it seem to think that an advert in the back of the MCN will somehow bring record breaking crowds. The other side of the coin is making those that come want to come back. For example, offering decent entertainment away from the track (how many times can you watch the same stuff year after year on the prom?)

I note most sponsors simply get on with the job rather than constantly moaning. I thought sponsors provided support and capital in return for exposure for their business interests - not sure how this then means that the organizers need to identify you for special treatment (do you wear a badge?). I assume you do more than this hence your reason for being in the pit lane.

Most of the issues you have raised on this board and others are in the rule book - play the game. Others are down to the attitude of SOME officials and marshals (which I agree is poor). This should be raised with them directly and the clerk of the course.

Finally, if Hanson and Blackburn remain the public face of the TT my comments on its future would change. Unfortunately the name of the organization running it changed but not the main problem staff. In my opinion these people should be changed immediately - My vote would be to give the clerk of the course job the Stuart Higgs. That at least might stop any date clashes (something which the IoM government found impossible to right into the TT agreement?)

15-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Stop the TT
Oatesy
I get no finacial gain out of sponsorship of road racing,loss yes. But my point is for the money, time and effort I and others put in, we would like a bit of respect. If any faults are found with machines thats good work done by the officials. Some teams have not got plenty of spanner men to call on and in fact riders have to most the work on machines themselves and to cause a rider more grief in petty decisions to strip engines, run to the dyno, change numbers ect is a bit over the top. You should know how tired a rider can be after a few laps of the TT and the last thing you want to do as you step off the bike is more work, you need rest.
You may feel that this is just a personel rant from me but it aint, from the PMs from other riders it seem that Im not alone or should I say not affraid to speak out.
The title of this post was to get some reaction, in truth I dont want the TT to end only get better but this can only happen if riders and teams are given the respect and PROTECTION they deserve.
15-06-2005, 10:38 AM