Foul language
Anonymous
Unregistered

Foul language
I dont think the kind of language that came out a certain competitor was called for? we all at one time or another use swear words but when you are on air all over the world i think the riders concerned should be warned as to how to conduct themselves winners or not they know who they are?
13-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Foul language
I totally agree. But can't say I was surprised as he has always been a whinging git (excuse my manx). He should grow up and take a leaf out of Adrian Archibald to see how to conduct himself in a professional manner.
I for one hope he doesn't come back.
13-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grow up people. If a rider is having a rubbish TT after putting in loads of effort and getting next to nothin back the last thing on their mind is not swearing. What a stupid post.
13-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Manners maketh man.
13-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very true but sometimes common sense should be taken into account.
manners maketh man but doesnt get ye on the rostrum.
13-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rik the rider and passenger won the TT so explain yourself?
13-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry, I thought we were talking bout someone else.
13-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sidecar boys get a rough deal and always have so i cant blame the man for what he said.

He is a top lad that gets a fraction of the money the solo riders get which he then has to split ... fair is fair - pay the man what he is due - he has just lapped at 116mph and wont even cover his costs.

Everybody has commented on the lack of variety this year re: the solo races were, same riders, same machines.

The sidecar boys are putting on a bl00dy good show - do you not think he has justification for being p1ssed off ?

I mean take sunday - conditions weren't good enough for the solos (despite their choice of tyres) but its ok to stick the sidecars out ... and why do you think they did that ? So that they could get the 6 laps in on the sunday.(due to the limited amount of road closure time)

Dont take anything away from Molly - he has worked hard to get where he is, and now he is at the top everyone wants to knock him down.

RANT OVER !!

13-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Molly had just completed a 3 lap race at record speeds, and while on the rostom he was told to take the engine out of the outfit, he was not even allowed to go to a press briefing first.
If you had just done three laps would you be ready to strip your engine. Well said Molly its a pity more dont speak out.
Riders and teams get treated like S**t at the TT by some trumped up officials with nothing better to do. Guy Martin was made to strip his 600 after both races for nothing
13-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

13-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thinking back to an engine strip I had to do one MGP. The most annoying thing was; once stripped down, the scrutineers turned up with the tattiest old vernier calipers I had ever seen to measure the bore.
Could easily have been 0.5 plus or minus. Oh how I swore about that. Funny how the engine strip sticks in my mind more than winning.
Still, at least I didn't do what one rider did that year. He asked the officials for a drip tray. They didn't have one so he emptied the contents of the motor onto the floor. I bet he thinks back to that and thinks "What a prat I was!"
It is the same for everyone, we all know that if we get away without an inspection then it's just good fortune.
13-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Foul language/funny smell from Moly exhaust in
Took me ages to even understand what this thread was about; I mean what swearing was said by whom, now I have read all the entries, my opinion is that engine strips should be expected: the timing of a strip for verification is obviously crucial, immediately after the race in question.

I have been there (forced strip) many times, and I/we just got on with it; after all, if a race engine has been thrashed around the TT for umpteen laps, surely a team mechanic stripdown is in order anyhow, to check it out/renew rings etc?

INCIDENTALLY

Watching at Ramsey Parliament square, I was struck by the powerful odour of SOME highly volatile gaseous mix as Moly passed each lap....only his outfit's exhaust smelled that way, and I must admit to wondering what he was using in the fuel.....only burnt/unburnt exhaust emissions could have left this pong. Other spectators around me expressed the same puzzlement at this odour; nearest identifiable pong in my memory banks was model aeroplane fuel, which is constituted of various things like Ether, Nitro etc.
NO WAY am I suggesting Moly was burning banned substances, but is the fuel delivery system checked at these stripdowns? I imagine the fuel at pits is a controlled sucstance, so what was the pong then? This was NOT any kind of burnt oil or lube stink, it was very very active and volatile-smelling vapour.
13-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

When i posted the message about swearing i didnt realise all these postings would appear, if i have upset anyone i aloligize but this is a democratic website and all opinions hopefully will be heard and might help the competitors in the future?
13-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fuel
What is the fuel allowed these days in TT?

I heard that even Avgas is banned nowadays(135 octane)
13-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even if his fuel was better, it does not help skill in cornering and general race-winning bottle!
I was hugely impressed by Moly's ride.
13-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anti-Knock additive maybe?
13-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

13-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

14-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

after the race the top 3 and another sidecar are taken to scrutineering bay for post race inspection and fuel dip. through out the week tanks are dipped
14-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guy Martin had to strip his 600 after the 600A race and then again after the 600B race, why could they not just seal the engine. Big Hs team were told while waiting for H to pit to bring his bike from the mornings race to be stripped, they had all lunch break ti inform them not while the race is on.
14-06-2005, 02:17 PM