Decisive action needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Decisive action needed
<A HREF="http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=1060852">http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=1060852</A>

I heard about this incident from another sidecar person, and frankly, the driver concerned should have been black-flagged and disqualified.
We need tough, decisive action on people racing through flags, AND more flag points so that stationary yellows can be displayed well in advance of incidents, and green flags can be displayed immediately after, removing any doubt for riders.
20-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Decisive action needed
In my experience(first and second hand) no action is ever taken against offenders. Is it any wonder therefore that people ignore flags.
20-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Perhaps they could start by actually naming the offenders.
21-06-2005, 03:14 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

They did and the culprit appologised and it was decided to take no further action.

I have attached the drivers name in code - you'll have to email me for the formula to decrypt (Nteve Sorbury)

I've said it many times before - the end of the TT will come as a result of a shortage of officials, no other reason.

Sam
21-06-2005, 04:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Sam, my feeling is it will be "Insurance" that ends it, if anything does.
These two causes may well be interconnected.
Let's not think about it?
21-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was reading this with horror yesterday, if the police are pulled out, there willn't be many officals left. Things badly need looking at all round.
I took part in some marshalling during TT practise
week and I for one will certainly try to attend
some marshalls meetings to put some points across,
couldn't help during race week due to work, wasn't any point during lunch break !
REMEMBER WE ARE ALL HUMAN, AND NO-BODY IS PERFECT.
21-06-2005, 01:59 PM