Knockhill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Knockhill
Excellent weekend's racing, even if some of it is not entirely my scene (no sidecars either...how awful).
A range of Scots, English and Irish (think I saw Jason G, in his managerial capacity? so maybe Welsh too)
A lot of very close racing on a blistering hot day...sand storms were the order of the day instead of the usual hail!
In particular I was impressed (again) by the talent and character of young Kev (not Kevin) Coughlan.
Seventeen yesterday, and in his first race after a serious leg break in early season, he dominated a quality field of 125s (including Micahel Wilcox and a couple of Dunlops, for example). Yet another argument for the pursuance of this class.
I was (some of you may recognise this!!!) on my feet, uttering in tongues and waving my hands like a true religious fanatic. Maybe this effort at control works, cos he sure as heck won!
Seriously, this young man..tiny, but talented, is a credit to our sport in every way. We Scots are very very proud of him.
Les Shand also did well, and Michael Rutter and Kyonari dominated their class.
I only went because I won some weekend tickets, and Donald needed a hand, but it whetted my appetite for the Southern ...2 weeks...can't wait.
26-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Knockhill
Yes a great days racing helen, agree with everything you said.
Les was brill ! coming from ? 6 on first few laps up to 2nd another lap and he would have had Youngy !!
Great shout out for another of my hero`s young Michael Laverty a 3rd and 4th winning him the "sky" racer of the day and well deserved too.
Bestof all tho as you so rightly said young Kev Coghlan we up here have been talking about him for a good few seasons now. He races with a maturity beyond his years.
Rumour has it that he may be off to GP`s next season. Certainly hope so as he would be the kind of racer that not only the scots would be proud of but the brits too !!

cheers,
Stella
26-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Watch some of it on the box so didn't get to see much Sad Then decided to do a couple of circuits "around" Knockhill as everyone was leaving, interesting to see there was no traffic jam at the gate, just everywhere else like Kincardine, so someone will call it another policing success Rolleyes

Was it our imagination or were the crowds not that big at the track this year and who's bright idea was it to rename the corners etc "Real radio" hairpin indeed Sad

Ride safe Ride free

Jack
26-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am disgusted at the renamed corners. Don't get me started!
26-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes spoke to so many many people at the weekend who felt the same....got to be money involved sadly.

Will always be "duffus dip" and "taylors turn" for me.

Anyone find it strange that "butchers" hasn`t been renamed ???? wonder why
nuff said.
26-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

what REALLY threw me was that every time somebody fell off it kicked up DUST! not mud or water but dust. no stream running across the circuit anywhere. next year we'll get it at cookstown. naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
you could even see the castle :-]
very, very dischuffed about the renamed corners. no mackintyres, no taylors, no duffus dip. bad, bad move :-[ apart from that it looked a cracker.
ade!
26-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There will be a few rows about the names, and we will continue to use the correct ones.
The dust was unbelievable. I was helping Donald Kay with his stall at the back of the hairpin, and we eventually gave up trying to keep things clean. My bath is full of mud after my dip last night!
Clouds of dust, looking like mist, were blowing across the hairpin.
Wonder if that contributed to the number of fallers there?
27-06-2005, 06:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a great day there, it was nice to see the sun shining and so many people enjoying themselves after last years washout. Just a pity I didn't take any suntan lotion with me I look like the proverbial lobster today !

As for the renaming of the corners I was disgusted at this as well but I assumed it was just for the day? If it's permanent then I'm totally disgusted (but not surprised) that money talks louder than naming corners after racers !

Pleased to see that Hislops was still there at least !
27-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

they can call the corners what they like - it's what we call them that matters
28-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

28-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Be called there proper names if Mose was commentating.
28-06-2005, 08:51 PM