Next Wednesday 10.45
Anonymous
Unregistered

Next Wednesday 10.45
Well, if you didn't see the first programme tonight at 10.35, you really have missed a treat. Thank you, Big D, for those commentaries in 1974, and for your "technical advice" now!
And was that Jim Anderson I saw briefly? Tom herron, Mervyn, Joey, Frank Kennedy, Ray McC...Norman Dunn...I really hope this is the basis for a DVD, cos i want to see it all again. Oh, those really were the days!
28-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Next Wednesday 10.45
and mention of a certain Micky Laverty...
28-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Next Wednesday 10.45
For those who havent seen it, I can recommend the DVD which combines a Joey video "V four victory"
and the BBC based program "The Road Racers."
Those who HAVE seen it will know what I mean about it being well worth getting. I watched it agian the other night and it stands the test of time!
Big Frank Kennedy smiling at the nurse as she straps hos shoulder for him. She says "you wont be racing sunday (upcoming NW200) His repsonse was "Ah well, you wont know!" Then to see him trying to eat his breakfast with his arm in a cage. Crazy!
The opening shot of a racing 2-stroke being blatted down a country lane with cows about!
The public address system declaring "If you value yer dog, keep it safe indoors!"
Everyone should see this film...

Mike
(M V)

29-06-2005, 02:21 PM