Special lady
Anonymous
Unregistered

Special lady
Many happy returns of the day to Gwen Crellin, the Lady in White, who marshalled in Ballaugh for many many years, and has been a lifelong supporter of racing on the TT course. Beloved of Agostini, Mick Grant and so many riders, Gwen is still as funny and delightful as ever. She probably won't see this, but I hope you are having a wonderful day, Gwen...see you in a couple of weeks.
29-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Special lady
She ALWAYS has time for a wave on the way out of Ballaugh Village, one day I must arrange a breakdown there for a cup of tea...lol.

Happy Birthday Gwen

29-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A special kiss from Australia Gwen, you are a living legend.
30-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should go and see her, Fitz, she'd be delighted...cousin John would be able to tell you if she's well, email me if you need contact details.
30-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bless her,belated birthday wishes to her.I dread the day when Gwen is no longer here.She is irreplacable
30-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

She was in great form at TT time, when Nigel and I visited her...we were joined by Gail and David. Yuki had also visited her and given her a copy of her book...I am still trying to read mine!!
It does Gwen a world of good to be visited, so I hope everyone who can, will, especially in the winter when the off-Island visitors have gone.
You are guaranteed a lot of laughs..she's still a fantastic conversationalist and joker.
30-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The most treasured person on the Isle of Man is our Gwen (and David and Mo- off course).
She is as witty as ever and was very chatty the
Sunday after TT, I could listen to hear all day
but I think she'd wear me out !! That's saying
something.
I rang her on her birthday and hope to see her again soon.
30-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I broke down just after Ballaugh on the Bulto one year and the first thing the marshal said, after finding out that I was ok, was, that I " must go and meet Gwen".
01-07-2005, 07:02 PM