Farquhars 600
Anonymous
Unregistered

Farquhars 600
05-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Farquhars 600
it's all up in the air at the mo, with the ulster centre and the southern centre having differing rules. the races at skerries were for whoever crossed the line first, second third etc were paid their prize money and cobblers to what they were riding as long as it was a 600. which is how it should be
ade!
05-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ryans bike is a ZXR6ooRR a limited edition bike, and as standard they are tuned compared to other 600s from the showroom, so he is not cheating
06-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

what are you telling me for? i never accused him, try telling patch.
ade!
06-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

06-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interested in sponsoring someone Harvey ?

cheers,
Stella ;-)
06-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Harvey couldn`t resist that ;-)

Seriously a great deal has been posted on the realroadracing site with many interesting points of view regarding this very issue.

cheers,
Stella.
06-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Perhaps cheating is to strong a word, but it amounts to it. This bike can not be bought be the general public which is what this class is about.
Colin you are a sponsor would you not like yore rider to at least have a bike equal to the other bikes on the grid? Or like Ryan would you like people talking about you and you not caring.

06-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Surely anyone can buy one or else it wouldnt be production spec at all
06-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not getting involved but i think Ryan has nothing to hide but posting this i am now involved, over to you Ade?
06-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

you should know my views on this by now. the powers that be should get their heads together and agree on one class, the 600 class, surely the most popular class in racing. the rule should be if it's a 600cc then it's legal. forget the regal, proddy or tuned or whatever, if it's a 600 then it's legal. time marches on, unfortunately the mcui doesn't. time for getting rid of the old wood and bring in some new blood that are up with the times.
ade!
06-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harvey T, Yes that model bike can be purchased! You may have to sit tight while they make more but it is a true production bike that more than meets the rule book, I have 2 in New Zealand.

This tread is like saying

SCENARIO

I am a professional monkey trainer
Some one comes along who likes my skills and persona ( NOT ME OF COURSE)
They offer me a TOOL to do my job with that is better than the TOOLS my compition is using!

Do I say no because it is not fare?

Do I say yes because I am a professional and want to do the best for me nd my family and my sponsors?

Motorcycle racing is all about WINNING

GO HARD RYAN AND MSS BECAUSE ANOTHER BRAND IS BRINGING A BETTER TOOL NEXT YEAR!
07-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with Shaun in that you can't lay blame at Ryan Farqhars door for doing his job. That said his crowing about beating the tuned bikes on a standard bike is misleading and un-necessary, it is far from a 'standard bike' it is a homolgated special.

I always liked the idea of a regal spec racing because it was supposed to limit the cost of racing and provide a more level playing field. Anyone who has pulled up at a Club meeting with their old road bike on a trailer only to find teams with ex-world supersport bikes and race transporters and race budgets - will tell you it's a good idea. The cost to prepare a pukka 600 is astounding - and that's before you've turned a wheel.

HOWEVER

It has always been a nightmare to police and if homolgation specials are to be called standard bikes then it becomes a nonsence. It would seem that the only way forward is to lift all restrictions and return to a cc limit only.

The downside will be the withdrawl of demoralised low-budget midfiled runners and an equally strong lobby for going back to regal spec.

It's not cheating - but the fact that only a select few can buy these bikes means that it is hardly fair either.

Sam
07-07-2005, 04:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sam -- who ever said that racing (or life, for that matter) is fair?
07-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not exactly sure what to say to that Larry.

It's a line I've heard often from persons (mostly parents and teachers) who are unable to give a reason for their actions.

Are you suggesting that any attempt at regulation should be abandoned or just that competitors should accept others unfair advantage or even cheating - because thats life?

Somewhat confused

Sam
07-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

07-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harvey T, Do not totally understand what it is you are asking? The race pass you spoke of was the 600 class, I blew by Ian yes, he WAS riding without any real energy that year. The bike I was supplied for that race was a good one and it also went on the dyno after wards and passed HP inspection but YES? people still went around in there own little ways talking about how illegal it was.
07-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

07-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well said Harvey, that is the problem with our so called god given right to have our say, BUT do we not have a human code of morals as well that says if you are going to slag or attack get your facts first? have a nice day
07-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only problem is that Kwakas beat the rest of the japs to the grid so to speak, the rest will catch up next year, and you can buy them I seen one for sale while in the states
14-07-2005, 06:20 PM