John McGuinness leaves AIM Racing
Anonymous
Unregistered

John McGuinness leaves AIM Racing
Thought i would post this on here as its been under discussion on a view other sites and no ones posted here, guess some of you peeps will be interested ?

From AIM website:

"John McGuinness has decided after his disappointing efforts at Oulton Park, Mondello Park and Knockhill to quit BSB because he wasn't able to hook up with the machinery he won both races on at this year's TT, even after engine guru Steve Mellor gave him some 14bhp more power to enable him to compete with the best at BSB.

Team owner Alistair Flanagan went on to add "John is an outstanding Road Racer but is not hungry enough to compete at BSB level compared to how hungry he was for the Road Racing at the North West and TT this year. Things have moved on to another level from last years BSB. You must be super fit and willing to push for places and qualify at least in the top 12. John was only managing to qualify on the 4th or 5th row, and he knew that he wasn't giving the machinery and the team 100% and John informed Steve Mellor of this.

We are in talks to replace John and will be announcing the rider's replacement forthwith. We wish John every success at his Road Racing in the future" end of statement.

Apparently Chris Burns is now joining the team riding at Snetterton BSB as listed on the official BSB site.

Cheers,
Stella

06-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: John McGuinness leaves AIM Racing
All credit to a man who knows his limitations and prepared to admit it,

Joey could not really hack the shorts either, probably the inherent survival instinct that you cannot afford to throw it away on the roads and survive like they can with the gravel pits.

Good luck to the man in what he wants to do, he's proved his ability on the roads
06-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess he just couldn't hack the sunglasses in the rain, and the dearth of rabbits to suck out of hedges. Good luck for the future John, you are a real star.
06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good luck John you have written the TT history books and safe racing in the future.
06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I always though John McGuiness had a pretty good predigree on the short circuits. He was 250 champ and if memory serves came within a wisker of the 600 title. He hasn;t gone great on the superbikes but if memory serves he had some pretty good rides towards the end of last season.

I think there is probably more to it.

Not very impressed with the press release - really sticks the boot in on his future career.

Hope he get's the oppertunity to prove AIM wrong before the end of the season.

Sam
07-07-2005, 04:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aye, he was ace on the Vimto 250's and on the 600's. He was even getting top tens earlier this season. This years superbike season has been strange - the Virgin Yamahas not doing much, or the Rizla suzukis - even Birdy's team took ages to get on the pace. He admitted on crash.net that he was spooked by Gus Scotts crash. Lets hope he gets something sorted soon - he's a class act.
07-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

07-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Sam i agree, very disapointing announcement for someone who has given the team such a high profile.

Bit like another British Superbike racer who was told recently that his services were no longer required "by a mobile phone call" !!!

So much goes on behind the scenes that fans do not know or appreciate.

cheers,
Stella.
07-07-2005, 07:17 PM