MGP Marshaling
Anonymous
Unregistered

MGP Marshaling
Sorry if I missed something before on this hallowed site but I have been a bit dormant recently.
I hear that there will be a change in marshaling for the MGP, by way of mobile marshals, all IM trained, to buffer up any weak points.
Is this official? If so, it could be a big leap forward for safety and will reinforce confidence for the future.
31-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MGP Marshaling
TTMA Chairman Roger Hurst has been discussing the proposed "mobile marshals" for the past 18 months, consulting both the Clerk of the Course and the IOM Police, working out logistics etc.

The MGP 2005 will be its first trial to see if the planned deployment of vehicles works in its suggested format.

Each car will be officially marked, and will contain a team of 4 IMC trained marshals, Tetra radios, flags and miscellaneous equipment. All teams will be briefed by the Clerk of the Course and Roger Hurst prior to deployment. If or where there is a need marshals will be dropped off and return transport will be provided by the same vehicle.

Another initave which came to fruition this week was going into schools to see how many 15+ year olds might be interested in marshalling in the future. At St Ninians School 110 students, pupils of Jim Hunter (Travelling Marshall) completed a Basic First Aid course, Tetra Radio training, mock incident management and flag training. The training team were delighted with the enthusisam of the students and their interest in marshalling in the future.

There is also an advertising campaign, starting next week in our local newspapers, which we hope will bring more marshals for the MGP and beyond.

Isle of Man TT Marshals Association Ltd.

31-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MGP Marshaling
These are great initiatives. I am very impressed by how the TTMA is developing it's work. See you all at the Manx...might have a change from Bray?
31-07-2005, 05:47 PM