Camping at Cadwell
Anonymous
Unregistered

Camping at Cadwell
Can anyone let me know where to pitch my tent at Cadwell,I have not been since the 80s and it might have changed.It used to be on the left of the pits as you came in the main gate.
It's for this weekends Derby Phoenix two day meeting.Also if the club house is expected to be open.
10-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Camping at Cadwell
I think youll find there will be somebody on the gate now, no matter what time you turn up, which there very often wasnt early morning in the '80s who should be able to tell you where the camping area is. As far as I know, the clubhouse should be open, on race day, at least.
10-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what I have seen lately,most of the camping is,as Ammo says,on the left as you approach the paddock.The paddock itself has much more tarmac than it used to(credit to Jonathon Palmer &co)and does not get anywhere near as muddy as it used to!!.Most of the facilities are far better than they were a few years ago.The club house should be open in the evenings of pre- race days,and the food is not bad,beer as well,I believe,lol.We only live 7 miles away,but don't visit so often these days.
10-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ouch!

The slightest mention of Cadwell (or Louth hospital!) makes my wrist ache and the pin try to
turn in my hip!
Have they straightened out that nasty Gooseneck thing yet?! ;-)

Must go back there some time......

Mike (Suzuki XY Proddy, 1981)
11-08-2005, 09:22 AM