Tragedy at Cadwell
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tragedy at Cadwell
Reported by Honda UK Racing.

Chris Jones

It is with great sadness that we announce the tragic death of Chris Jones following a start line incident at Cadwell Park yesterday, 29th August.

Words are of little comfort at a time like this and all our thoughts are with Chris' family and friends.

30-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Tragedy at Cadwell
I guess I wont be alone in being absolutely stunned by the tragic loss of such a young life.
Our sport can be cruel, as we all know, only too well. But, somehow the fact that Chris was so young makes it so much harder to take.

I offer my sincerest condolences to his family and friends and also to his fellow competitors who must be equally stunned.

A sad day indeed.

Mike
MV

30-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too would like to offer my condolences to Chris' family and to Mark and Sue.
It was such a shock to hear the news, Chris had so much going for him and I know he will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

30-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

14 years old - just a baby, deepest possible sympathy to his family and friends.
30-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Condolances from all the team Muss Griff,
sad loss of such a young talented rider.
31-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

In my local paper today, the Newark Advertiser, theres a write up about one of the other riders, also 14, involved in the accident, who suffered a broken shoulder and says hes devastated to have lost a close friend and that "Both knew it was a dangerous sport,but he said that both would have wanted the other to continue racing if this ever happened to either of them. He realises it could have happened to him".

Fortunately Ive never been involved in an accident were theres been a fatality, only injuries, but I can understand how he must feel right now.

02-09-2005, 10:02 PM